cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

Congrats!! All 3 cards are good to have
Message 11 of 21
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Definitrly getting something other than Chase is smart in that diversification is a must. Well done!

Just curious... why is diversifying your banks important?

Message 12 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Definitrly getting something other than Chase is smart in that diversification is a must. Well done!

Just curious... why is diversifying your banks important?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Chase+closed+my+accounts&collapse_di...

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your portfolio of credit cards for only 6 months is insane. The quality of your cards since getting your first credit card is incredible. Definitrly getting something other than Chase is smart in that diversification is a must. Well done!

Forgive me, I was away most of the weekend. I really appriciate it though everyone. Quality is definitely what I'm striving for, and before my first card the only credit history that I had was a few student loans with solid payment history. Will definitely garden for awhile for real now and hopefully will come out to pick up the citi prestige with a high limit. The freedom and prestige are the last two cards on my list for now unless someone releases something juicy Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Kind of on topic.... kind of not. How long does it take for chase to start giving preapprocals once you become a customer?

Op.... congrats on your approvals

Not sure personally, my preapproval both online and inbranch section with chase has been a desert since day 1. All of my chase cards came from cold app's in branch with the exception of the Amazon prime one, which I applied too from amazons website. I feel like in branch apps with a banker that likes you is the way to go if this is a reasonable option for you.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, nice and nice! 3 super choices, congratulations!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the awesome approvals!!! Great pickups for sure!!!!
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Those are some very impressive approvals.
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx pmart. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I like that your new cards branch out your credit card portfolio. If those were your only 4 cards, 75% of them were with Chase. Yikes. Nice job on adding NFCU, USAA and Discover in there!

Are you cold apping for Freedom or are you're seeing it in Your Offers section? Why are they denying it? It is just a matter of waiting for your 3 other Chase accounts to age?  

On a side note, you appear to like cash back cards. Have you looked into Bispay? It's a straight forward 2% cash back as a statement credit. No mimimum redemptions. Only reports to Experian. I'm using them as my everyday card until I can add the CSP and get my own trifecta going. I took the FU offer two months ago and waiting for CSP to appear again. 

I hope the CSP appears for you soon with a nice sign up bonus Smiley Tongue

I have Slate and CSP showing again. I'm not pulling the trigger though. Gonna wait til I can go into a branch and who knows maybe there will be better sign up bonuses. Hope you're seeing something too!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.