cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta gold approved with baddies and low score

Established Member

Delta gold approved with baddies and low score

I am beyond ecstatic have been trying the pre-qualify AMEX site for a couple months since the 60,000 bonus points SUB for the DELTA GOLD. Never got any offers. I was hesistant to apply experian is 624 3% utilization, two charge offs, and some 120 date student loans. Last derog was the student loans 3 years ago. I have one inquiry from last year on my experian, SL $1,000 applied through Delta Website after creating membership. Other accounts include a Discover card that recently secured $2,000 limit and two accounts I was an authorized user on about 9 years ago. With all my other accounts my AAoA is about 7-9 years (include payed off car, and current car loan).

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Delta gold approved with baddies and low score

Congratulations on your Amex approval!! Very nice for your score
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (3/14/18): 690 Transunion, 650 Equifax, 687 Experian
Message 2 of 15
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Amex family.. if you get a chance an update on the SL would be cool.

Starting Scores: EQ 614 TU 603 EX 623

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Goal Score - 800 Club

NPSL AMEX SPG 5K Amex Everyday Blue $4k 20K Discover IT $5,550 

Cap1 QS $4kAmazon Prime Card 2kHSN Card 2K FurnRow 2k 

Message 3 of 15
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow, congratsSmiley Happy. Impressed Smiley Happy
To obtain Credit One Kenobi status upon 0/24 is to Garden Harden!!
Message 4 of 15
Valued Member

Congrats! I'm only days away from applying for mine!

Message 5 of 15
Valued Contributor

Great work! Congratulations!!

AmexPlat (NPSL 35K) Chase CSP (25k) BofA BBR (18.8k) Amex BCP(18k) BofA CR Siggy (15k) NFCU CLOC (15K) Lowes (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (12k) Venture WMC (10.25k) Hilton Honors Ascend (10K) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Pier 1(9.5k) Discover(9k) Chase FU (7.4k) J Crew( 6.9k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6500) Citi Diamond (6k) PenFed PCR (5K) Kohls (3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 697(19) EQ 677(22)TU 713(23) AAOA 2.9yrs TCL=272,350
Message 6 of 15
Established Member

Congrats on the approval!! I also applied this weekend after reading for hours on this forum and got approved for 1k CL =)

Happy to see that I am not the only one who is excited about an approval albeit a low CL from a card I never thought I could get!! 

Calendar is marked for my 3x CLI =)

Fico 8 - 4/7/18
EQ = 696 ~ EX = 660 ~ TU = 641
Chase United ~ Capital One QS ~ Barclays Apple ~ Discover It ~ Amex Delta Gold
Gardening since 4/8/18
Message 7 of 15
Established Member

Daqueen congrats! I am definitely glad to see so many people post on these forums. I was able to get one of my collections removed and score went up 17 points still have other there. What were your scores when you got chase card? I need one more active card was thinking NFCU (chase sapphire is my white hippo I want eventually but need year to finish rebuilding)
Message 8 of 15
Established Member

@cosmicblight wrote:
Daqueen congrats! I am definitely glad to see so many people post on these forums. I was able to get one of my collections removed and score went up 17 points still have other there. What were your scores when you got chase card? I need one more active card was thinking NFCU (chase sapphire is my white hippo I want eventually but need year to finish rebuilding)

Thanks! I’m not sure where my real FICO was at when I got Chase last year but my FAKO from KK was 631 Smiley Surprised I was surprised when I was approved for 5K but I have to say it’s my favorite card cause it has sooo many way to earn extra miles that I redeem for gift cards, upgrades, etc. Good luck with your rebuild. So much good info on this forum. I know for sure that this forum gave me a whole new perspective on my rebuild!

Fico 8 - 4/7/18
EQ = 696 ~ EX = 660 ~ TU = 641
Chase United ~ Capital One QS ~ Barclays Apple ~ Discover It ~ Amex Delta Gold
Gardening since 4/8/18
Message 9 of 15
New Contributor

Same here. I was happy when approved but a disappointed with the $1K SL
Message 10 of 15