Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied BOA secured then approved for Discover

tag
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Denied BOA secured then approved for Discover

Okay, I don't know what I was thinking last night. I've been trying to get the recommended 3 bank cards. I have accounts with boa and thought it would app for one of their cards. Denied for student loan lates from a few years ago. Recon denied and told to app for secured. Did that and denied *sigh*. 

So, after a glass of wine last night I apped for a Discover card KNOWING they are out of my league. Hey, I  believe in miracles. I was APPROVED! First, it's been icy in Central Texas (more than a couple hours lol) and now this. What is life?? 

I've never had a Discover card before and know nothing about them,  but I'm excited. Now I'm just praying they don't change their minds. Have they ever done that before? Then I'll have one secured CapOne, an unsecured CapOne, a couple store cards, and the Discover. I'll work on getting rid of the secured next year. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied BOA secured then approved for Discover

@Sheridan wrote:

Okay, I don't know what I was thinking last night. I've been trying to get the recommended 3 bank cards. I have accounts with boa and thought it would app for one of their cards. Denied for student loan lates from a few years ago. Recon denied and told to app for secured. Did that and denied *sigh*. 

So, after a glass of wine last night I apped for a Discover card KNOWING they are out of my league. Hey, I  believe in miracles. I was APPROVED! First, it's been icy in Central Texas (more than a couple hours lol) and now this. What is life?? 

I've never had a Discover card before and know nothing about them,  but I'm excited. Now I'm just praying they don't change their minds. Have they ever done that before? Then I'll have one secured CapOne, an unsecured CapOne, a couple store cards, and the Discover. I'll work on getting rid of the secured next year. 

AWESOME!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! I didn't get my miracle when I tried for those two recently. You're on your way! Sometimes taking the risk pays off and you never know if you don't try! 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. I bet you're glad you were feeling saucy last night! Haha, congrats.

Message 4 of 19
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Nice. I will need to remember glass of wine gives courage

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 5 of 19
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Ha! I may need to have another glass! Just because.

Message 6 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Friends don't let friends drapp. Smiley Very Happy Congrats!

Message 7 of 19
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

My face could have been one of those internet memes when I saw that I was approved lol. 

Message 8 of 19
jbsea
Established Contributor

Never say Never..... Good job and congrats!

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 9 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.