Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diamond Preferred approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diamond Preferred approval

Been getting Simplicity mailers from Citi lately but had a high 22.99 Apr on it so I wouldn't bite.
Read were other ficoers checked pre qual page and were getting better offers,so I figure I'd give it a try.
Diamond Preferred came up with a 13.99 Apr after 21 months at 0% which would be my lowest Apr card afterwards and gave it a try.
Citi has always been my nemesis on approved cl and with this approval nothing has changed..ughhhh
Had this card for years with them and I pced it to the double cash a year ago.
I thought maybe this time with a Apr 10% lower then the original card I had they might loosen the purse strings a little but Citi will be Citi.
Got approved for $3900 ...
My original limit was 4300 which transferred to the dc.
The only saving grace is the lower Apr afterwards.
Don't know who they pulled yet,haven't received any notices yet. But my income is 55000 and if they pulled experian my score is at 733.
Just thought I'd let you know the info in case anyone is interested in applying.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Diamond Preferred approval

Congratulations on the new card with a smart move on your part to examine that alternative and GET the lower APR.

Makes a difference in the long run and saves having to whittle it down over the years.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CreditMagic. Even though the approval was low I can combine a couple of balances I have to save on some interest. Like Wal-Mart and Sam's club.
Sam's club is my weakness always have a small balance on it that I can't quite pay off. Spend way to much there. Hahaha
Message 3 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Nice Work

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jerry45. That lowish Apr drew me in. I'm such a sucker.
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Thor, looks like Citi sometimes needs someone to drop the hammer for them to give up the ghost.Smiley Wink

I may need a good BT card soon with the mess im going through but Citi is so stingy you cant rely getting a high enough limit to cover your needs. The 21 month 0 apr is what i could probably use Smiley Wink

Enjoy getting rid of those pesky Sync apr'sSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card! Enjoy!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joe... I knew I'd get a crappy limit with them but the apr,which is my lowest,drew me in.
I'll be able to transfer my small synchrony balances and small discover balance anyway. Bring 3 into 1 at least.
Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations on the new card with a smart move on your part to examine that alternative and GET the lower APR.

Makes a difference in the long run and saves having to whittle it down over the years.

+1  The floor on this card was 12.24% when I grabbed it last year (which would be in the 13s now with the prime rate increases), and like you I was getting direct mailers with 20+% APRs listed but the lowest APR for every single Citi card on the prequalify page.  I chalked it up to marketing just running a bit behind since my scores had come up 20-30 points in the year before that, but I am still getting 20+% APRs listed on their mailers and lowest APR on the prequalify page.

Keep an eye on that Request A Credit Line Increase page for the soft pull language!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.