Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillard's Credit Card and Walmart Credit Card approval and question

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Dillard's Credit Card and Walmart Credit Card approval and question

I got the itch last night. I checked my TU scores from CK and it was 724. I apped for the Walmart card and was approved for $3k. I noticed it said Discover next to it, and was in awe. Then I bought $100 steam cleaner to get the $20 back! Knowing Dillard's card was GE also, I applied and was approved for the AmEx card, tier 2. It gave me a temporary line of $500 with a temporary number to use for 15 days. Anyone know why I wasn't given a permanent credit limit? Do they always do this? These are my first GE cards. My stats are: My AAoA is 6 years, credit history is 12 years, no recent baddies, just 2 x 60 day student loan payments from Nov 08. Most of my credit lines are over $5k, with my highest being $12k. Utilization is at 9%. Anyone know when I will get my hard limit?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Dillard's Credit Card and Walmart Credit Card approval and question

Congrats on the approvals. For security reasons you will get the actual cc's in the mail and not the numbers via computer.

Message 2 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

Thanks! And I know I'll get the cc's in the mail in a few, but Walmart gave me my CL, why didn't Dillards?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 3 of 15
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!!! I too got the same note from Dillards and would like to know the answer to that as well. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

Thanks and congrats on yours too! I hope it doesn't mean my limit is less than $1k. I called and all they could say is what my temp limit is. Fingers crossed for more than $3k!

Message 5 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

So I looked on credit boards and saw that someone had the verification phone number. I called it and the fraud rep told me what my CL for the card is: $1,100 once I receive the card. Would rather have that limit on the Walmart Discover and the $3k on the AmEx, but I am just happy I got both.

Message 6 of 15
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@resilient That's not bad at all. I'll take it LOL! What number did you call to find that out?

Message 7 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

800 480 0186 worked for me!

Message 8 of 15
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@resilient So I called and the rep told me that my permanent CL is also 500!!! Lol, if 1100 still doesn't sound so hot to you, we can definitetly trade!!! Smiley LOL 

Message 9 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

LOL! I'll keep mine! At least you got the AmEx and from reading the forums, the limits grow quickly within the year, at least that's what I'm hoping for!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.