Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $500 CLI/Executive Office

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Discover $500 CLI/Executive Office

So I got a $500 cli on my Discover Chrome card and tried for a cli on my IT card.  Came back declined due to "delinquency history on account".  A few months ago, I lost my WF checkbook and had to cancel the account and reopen a new WF account.  WF was one of two payment sources listed on my Discover IT account.  I scheduled my payment as normal, but used the WF account not realizing that I hadn't updated Discover with the new bank info (totally my fault).  Anyways, got an email from Discover that the payment was not authorized because the bank account had been closed.  They charged me a late fee which I asked them to waive and they did.  Had no idea this would effect my cli since it was an oversight on my part and assumed that when they waived the fee, they would remove the history.  Well they didn't and I spoke with a supervisor in new accounts (apparently they handle cli's) and she said that there was nothing she could do.  I asked if I could escalate the issue to have he delinquency status removed since I've had this account since 2013 with no lates.  She said no.  I looked up the Executive Offices and contacted them.  They said they'll get back with me on Monday.  Hopefully this works out.  While it is my fault that this happened, I think Discover should make an exception in this case.  If they don't, there's nothing I can do but deal with it.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Discover $500 CLI/Executive Office

Wow that's messed up 12. Hopefully the EO can help you. Hey we were looking for you earlier in the week. Have you heard of this card?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Approved-BMO-Harris-Bank-Premium-Rewards-Maste...

Message 2 of 26
12njoy
Super Contributor

I saw that thread earlier in the week also. I contacted BMO about a year ago and you have to be in their footprint for their cards. Diners is the exception
___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ohhh ok.
Message 4 of 26
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks for looking out though
___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:
I saw that thread earlier in the week also. I contacted BMO about a year ago and you have to be in their footprint for their cards. Diners is the exception

Dang--well that lets me out too then. I wish they'd reopen the Diners Club apps again though.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

What states are in their footprint?
Message 7 of 26
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

So I got a $500 cli on my Discover Chrome card and tried for a cli on my IT card.  Came back declined due to "delinquency history on account".  A few months ago, I lost my WF checkbook and had to cancel the account and reopen a new WF account.  WF was one of two payment sources listed on my Discover IT account.  I scheduled my payment as normal, but used the WF account not realizing that I hadn't updated Discover with the new bank info (totally my fault).  Anyways, got an email from Discover that the payment was not authorized because the bank account had been closed.  They charged me a late fee which I asked them to waive and they did.  Had no idea this would effect my cli since it was an oversight on my part and assumed that when they waived the fee, they would remove the history.  Well they didn't and I spoke with a supervisor in new accounts (apparently they handle cli's) and she said that there was nothing she could do.  I asked if I could escalate the issue to have he delinquency status removed since I've had this account since 2013 with no lates.  She said no.  I looked up the Executive Offices and contacted them.  They said they'll get back with me on Monday.  Hopefully this works out.  While it is my fault that this happened, I think Discover should make an exception in this case.  If they don't, there's nothing I can do but deal with it.

Just curious, why you had to open a new account and not just put a stop to the range of checks that were in the check book? 

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 8 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Just curious, why you had to open a new account and not just put a stop to the range of checks that were in the check book? 

Cause it has your routing and checking account number which can be very dangerous IMO.  Although checks contain this I cringe just the fact the checks show this on the MCR aka bottom of check 

Message 9 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Cause it has your routing and checking account number which can be very dangerous IMO.  Although checks contain this I cringe just the fact the checks show this on the MCR aka bottom of check   Least that would be my logic.

On another note ya weird how lenders say payment forgiveness.. They might waive the fee, but they don't forgive so easily as we all know.. Messed up, but hopeuflly it works out for you Njoy!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.