Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $6500 Increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover $6500 Increase!

OMG! I have only gotten $500.00 occasionally from Discover and did not complain. It added up. After reading baller's great post I thought well, what do I have to lose? They can just say no again or maybe even get the usual $500.00 I was ready for that and when the $6500 popped up I almost fell out of my chair.

My new limit is $22,500! I never ever thought I would see that limit on Discover. I am such a happy camper and baller, I would have never even tried if you hadn't posted your success!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover $6500 Increase!

Absolutely fabulous, my friend. What an exciting morning for you! Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely fabulous, my friend. What an exciting morning for you! Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Thank you, humu! I feel absolutely giddy! 

Message 3 of 33
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats Musiclover!! That's AWESOME!!
I'm hoping one of these days I'll get that kind of love from them.
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Congrats Musiclover!! That's AWESOME!!
I'm hoping one of these days I'll get that kind of love from them.

Thanks, Gmood! I literally almost fell out of my chair. I was ready for the denial or if I was lucky, the $500.00 increase. Imagine my surprise! My TU score just went up significantly and I just paid my account in full. I am thinking those things helped.

Message 5 of 33
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Lmao!! $500 is the norm for me. It's like clockwork after 3rd statement cuts.
I guess I need to get into the 800s before they give me a decent CLI? 774 must not be good enough. Lol

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ML, would you share usage, payments, etc with us? I know Discover is difficult to predict, but anything helps. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

I guess I need to get into the 800s before they give me a decent CLI? 774 must not be good enough. Lol

Gmood, I have no clue. LOL Your score is higher than mine!

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ML, would you share usage, payments, etc with us? I know Discover is difficult to predict, but anything helps. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reminder, humu. I sure will.

Discover is one of my daily drivers. It just hit a year old so there will be interest on the account from now on if there is a balance. My interest rate is 12.99. My account started at 10k and I was able to get it to 16k by small increases and one increase of 2500. I carried a balance of about 3k and charged at least 1k per month and make 1k payments monthly so the balance remained.

This month I paid my 3k bill and left no balance. This is the first large CLI I have received. This month my TU score increased from low 700's to where it is now at 758. (Just an fyi-I did that with an installment loan with SoFi.)

Just another data point. I had a Discover card years ago with a CL of 5k and closed it before my financial troubles in 2008.Hope this helps someone.

Message 9 of 33
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Gmood, I have no clue. LOL Your score is higher than mine!

On the next CLI request, I'll call in and tell them I know you Musiclover. That's got to be worth atleast a 10k increase! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.