Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $6500 Increase!

tag
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Discover $6500 Increase!

WOW!!  Great increase...congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

WOW!!  Great increase...congrats!!

Thank you, JustBPatient!

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ML. Outstanding
Message 23 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats awesome ML! i am glad they gave you some real lovinSmiley Happy Gonna do the ron artest yet? Can see it now " Disco Lover" .... everyone will be like what ever happened to MusicLover was such a great presence here on the forum haha lolSmiley Wink . Enjoy your newfound gift from Discover, who says Christmas only comes in December? Smiley Wink Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats ML. Outstanding

Thanks, dasingleton! Pretty exciting for me, for sure. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 33
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats friend this is awesome, great data points thanks
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats awesome ML! i am glad they gave you some real lovinSmiley Happy Gonna do the ron artest yet? Can see it now " Disco Lover" .... everyone will be like what ever happened to MusicLover was such a great presence here on the forum haha lolSmiley Wink . Enjoy your newfound gift from Discover, who says Christmas only comes in December? Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Okay, you made me laugh out loud, too! lol I have looked at my new CL about a dozen times today. haha They will probably freeze the account I have looked so much.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats friend this is awesome, great data points thanks

Thank you, Aduke! I hope the data points help someone! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Musiclover, that's one heck of a CLI... huge congrats!  screamer.gif

It does seem to be either feast or famine with Discover, though... I fully expect to be back in the $500 club after my last CLI!

Again, congrats and enjoy! 

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

P.S.  Sorry I'm late to the party... we'll blame it on the "great slowdown of 2016",,, LOL!  Smiley LOL

Message 29 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ML, would you share usage, payments, etc with us? I know Discover is difficult to predict, but anything helps. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reminder, humu. I sure will.

Discover is one of my daily drivers. It just hit a year old so there will be interest on the account from now on if there is a balance. My interest rate is 12.99. My account started at 10k and I was able to get it to 16k by small increases and one increase of 2500. I carried a balance of about 3k and charged at least 1k per month and make 1k payments monthly so the balance remained.

This month I paid my 3k bill and left no balance. This is the first large CLI I have received. This month my TU score increased from low 700's to where it is now at 758. (Just an fyi-I did that with an installment loan with SoFi.)

Just another data point. I had a Discover card years ago with a CL of 5k and closed it before my financial troubles in 2008.Hope this helps someone.

These are great data points... FWIW I did the same thing just before I got my first 'big' (for me) CLI with them. 

I was carrying a 0% BT and using it for the categories (also 0%) but before the promo ran out I paid the whole thing off... that payment was similar to yours (just over $3k).  It was just after this when I 'graduated' from the $500 club. 

It would seem that unlike Capital One, Discover appears to 'count' paying off a large BT as activity that warrants a CLI.  Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.