Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $6500 Increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover $6500 Increase!

Wow, that's a very nice CLI via SP,, congrats on the approval. You must be doing great things that Discover is showing some love 👍👍👍

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ML, would you share usage, payments, etc with us? I know Discover is difficult to predict, but anything helps. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reminder, humu. I sure will.

Discover is one of my daily drivers. It just hit a year old so there will be interest on the account from now on if there is a balance. My interest rate is 12.99. My account started at 10k and I was able to get it to 16k by small increases and one increase of 2500. I carried a balance of about 3k and charged at least 1k per month and make 1k payments monthly so the balance remained.

This month I paid my 3k bill and left no balance. This is the first large CLI I have received. This month my TU score increased from low 700's to where it is now at 758. (Just an fyi-I did that with an installment loan with SoFi.)

Just another data point. I had a Discover card years ago with a CL of 5k and closed it before my financial troubles in 2008.Hope this helps someone.

These are great data points... FWIW I did the same thing just before I got my first 'big' (for me) CLI with them. 

I was carrying a 0% BT and using it for the categories (also 0%) but before the promo ran out I paid the whole thing off... that payment was similar to yours (just over $3k).  It was just after this when I 'graduated' from the $500 club. 

It would seem that unlike Capital One, Discover appears to 'count' paying off a large BT as activity that warrants a CLI.  Smiley Wink

Fantastic, UncleB! Amazing, isn't it?

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's a very nice CLI via SP,, congrats on the approval. You must be doing great things that Discover is showing some love 👍👍👍

Thanks, Mia. I paid my account off since my zero interest ended and guess they liked that a lot!

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.