Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Discover Approval + Immediate CLI

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

So I'm happy to report good news today. I was just approved for the one card I was never able to get years ago.. A Discover card!

Here's the scoop.

I submitted the application online and checked the boxes to receive an "Instant Decision." The wheel spun for about a minute and I was then asked to call in. A chat box appeared so I jumped on there to speak with a rep. She needed to verify some info and instantly approved me for $9,000. You guys know Uncle Money wasn't stopping there so I asked her if she can increase the line a little more so I can take advantage of their generous balance transfer offer while using the card for purchases without coming close to my limit. She bumped the limit to $11,000! I asked for more again lol but she said they need to see 3 billing cycles of activity. I have no idea which credit bureau was pulled. I checked my alerts and didn't see any inquiries post yet.

I'm happy with this outcome. I've heard a lot of good things about Discover so looking forward to using this card.

Uncle Money

Initial Approval:

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.01.07 PM.png

After Chat:

discover

Super Contributor

Re: Discover Approval + Immediate CLI

Not to shabby ... awesome approval and CLI!!! Talk about love right out of the chute Smiley Happy And, you say Discover did not love you before ... hmm?
Starting Score: 824
Current Score: 829
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinosaur!

It was not until recently they started sending me weekly mailers. I never got them previously and was declined more than once in the past so at one point I just gave up on Discover until now!

UM

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW, Uncle_Money, very nice approval on top of getting a CLI. That's the way to go!

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $6K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Awesome Disco approval, and even better getting it immediately increased!!
You'll have the thing at 50K in no time
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (5,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (7/8/17): 673 Transunion, 616 Equifax, 651 Experian
Senior Contributor

Uncle Money gonna be rollin in the Disco doughSmiley Wink. Great limit, i definitely envision you cracking 20k within a yearSmiley Wink
Established Contributor

Congrats uncle money. That's a nice SL. Discover has some great perks and the first year cash back is super sweet. Enjoy. 🍾🎉🎊🐬🎈

Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!! That beats my 500 CLI I got today from Discover. LOL. . . Not even going to do a post anymore. Congrats! New limit 7,800.

Valued Contributor

Pretty impressive...Congratulations!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) J Crew(5.6k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 722(15) EQ 688(17)TU 717(18) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=179,950
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the awesome approval!!!!!
In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.