Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI Again

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI Again

I have always been stuck in the basement with Discover, though I've started making an effort to get my CL growing

2001: opened the card with a $1000 CL

2005: somewhere around this time, I got auto CLI'd to $1500

2008: my first CLI request. I ask to double my CL to $3000, and I get it

2010: with my credit shot to hell after the financial crisis, Discover CLD's me to $500; I'm just happy they didn't close it.

2012: after a few months of credit rebuilding, I request a CLI to $1000 in July. It takes a HP, but I get it. I request another in December, and after another HP, I get up to $2000, even though it's been less than 6 months since my last CLI request.

In June, I'm going to ask for an increase to $5000. With my credit on the mend and Discover's newfound fondness for high limits, I'm hopeful for success.
Message 21 of 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Good luck--keep us posted!
Message 22 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still stuck at 1K here........Smiley Mad

Next month marks a year no CLI they get the sock drawer!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 32
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Why not request a CLI? Not worth a hard inquiry? If you sock drawer it, you might be sealing your fate for no future CLI's from Discover.

Message 24 of 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Why not request a CLI? Not worth a hard inquiry? If you sock drawer it, you might be sealing your fate for no future CLI's from Discover.

This is true.

On the other hand and if memory serves me, isn't Discover notorious for $2000 increments? For someone trying to bust out of a low limit, an HP might not be worth it.

To be honest, I got most of my increases when carrying a balance.

Message 25 of 32
randeman
Frequent Contributor

My first year, I got a small increase every quarter.  Then they stopped.

My increases are always in even numbers, and my limit is an even number.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 26 of 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

Oh how I long for an even number.

Message 27 of 32
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@randeman wrote:

Oh how I long for an even number.

Yeah, I like symmetry in some things.

Oh, apologies, I just called Discover and they gave me another small increase.  Even (Sorry).  Mea culpa.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 28 of 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

Yeah, I like symmetry in some things.

Oh, apologies, I just called Discover and they gave me another small increase.  Even (Sorry).  Mea culpa.

Did you ask for it?

Message 29 of 32
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Nope.  They just jack it up a small amount every three or four months.  My limit is $1750 higher than this time last year.  I dunno.  I read on a couple of boards, including here, that Discover is really stingy with CLIs, but not with me, God love 'em.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.