Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Discover Auto CLI

I spoke with a really nice lady at Discover who informed me that my account is not eligible for a auto CLI until ive had the card for 18 months, I can however apply for a CLI at 6 months? Does this sound right???

I see other people on this site with auto CLI in the first 3 months or so.. Does Discover give different limits & restrictions etc for certain scores etc ?

Next month will be my 3rd statement.. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI

Any baddies?
Message 2 of 21
remarc
Regular Contributor

Nope. None. No lates. No collections. Just limited history, only 2.5 years .
Starting balance $1000
Message 3 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Might be the limited history. Call and ask, Discover has great CSRs.
Message 4 of 21
r34dy2fly
Contributor

I'd give them a call. I haven't had discover too long but they recently upped my CL automatically. Originally I had a 4k limit with them. About 3-4 months later I asked for a CLI and they approved me for 10k. About a month or so after that they automatically pushed me to 13.8k. I don't know what they're methods of doing business but I won't complain.

Message 5 of 21
Gabo
Valued Member

Be advised that if your credit limit is below 1500 automatic CLI is not available for at least 1 year, however if your card is at least 3K limit CLI is available within Months defending on your CR, sometimes people got lucky to get their CLI in 3 or 4 months but the average is 6 months

Message 6 of 21
psychoinhell
Regular Contributor

@Gabo wrote:

Be advised that if your credit limit is below 1500 automatic CLI is not available for at least 1 year, however if your card is at least 3K limit CLI is available within Months defending on your CR, sometimes people got lucky to get their CLI in 3 or 4 months but the average is 6 months

I will look for the button in 3 to 6 months and tell it that Gabo sent me Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know for the $1500.00 Discover card holders :-)

They are really nice, I've never ever had an issue with their customer service.

Don't hesitate to call
Message 8 of 21
remarc
Regular Contributor

I use my discover between $700 & $900 of my $1000 limit every month and always PIF. I do hope they see this & respond with a auto or bump at request on the 6 month mark.
Message 9 of 21
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Gabo wrote:

I started with a $2500 cl...3 months later I received an auto cli for $300, and 3 months after that another $300 auto cli.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.