Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Approved but

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Approved but

@Anonymous wrote:
doesnt sound like discover sucks then.. lol. sounds like it's making your day easier by making your kids happier. on behalf of discover, you're welcome Smiley Happy

Lol ... well, all of my other cards are $5k - $10k and discover refuses to give me a CLI from $1.2k.  I just don't get them ;-)

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

500 is something LOL

I can't even get a discover LOL. not even a secured or co signer...I have no idea why they hate me so much.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is cray cray ...

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't even get a discover LOL. not even a secured or co signer...I have no idea why they hate me so much.

Are you an American?  Maybe, Discover hates Americans ;-)

LMAO. packing bags now moving to....who does discover like? the french?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't be silly ... nobody likes the French ;-)

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't be silly ... nobody likes the French ;-)

LMAO!

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we are all guilty of seeing big increases and feel like we should get them too.  Sometimes it just doesn't work like that.  I feel your frustration because I turned down a $500 increase from Discover in November.  Chase has yet to offer an increase.  I still am happy with both because a year ago I didn't have anything but a $1k cap 1 card.  I now have over $75k.

These accounts may not grow according to our wants and expectations. Discover will definitely grow.  I see it every day on these boards.  My only suggestion other than being patient is, if you don't like what they offered, decline it.  If you choose to decline it, wait 90 days to request again and be sure that your utilization is low and your scores have gone up.  I did that and my credit limit doubled.  Good luck!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Next month will be a year, so I'm curious to see what in store!!!

Message 18 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I wonder what Discover sees or knows about us that determines how much increase they give us.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 19 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think we are all guilty of seeing big increases and feel like we should get them too.  Sometimes it just doesn't work like that.  I feel your frustration because I turned down a $500 increase from Discover in November.  Chase has yet to offer an increase.  I still am happy with both because a year ago I didn't have anything but a $1k cap 1 card.  I now have over $75k.

These accounts may not grow according to our wants and expectations. Discover will definitely grow.  I see it every day on these boards.  My only suggestion other than being patient is, if you don't like what they offered, decline it.  If you choose to decline it, wait 90 days to request again and be sure that your utilization is low and your scores have gone up.  I did that and my credit limit doubled.  Good luck!

I've gotten 6 small CLI's from Discover to date... in the last 5 of those instances, I was not given an option of accepting it or declining it, it just appeared.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.