Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI. I love discover

tag
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Discover CLI. I love discover

Called today about my discover it card. I asked for a CLI stating that I love the rewards on the card but putting 10k+ through the card every month and paying 3-4 times per month is becoming annoying and something needed to be done. The rep tried putting it through with no avail. She says don't worry maybe something can be done and transfers me to the credit limit department? I never even heard of them before.

The nice rep explains to me that this will be a hard pull, so I asked if we could use the hp for both accounts he put me on hold and let me know it wouldn't be a problem. So he asked how much I wanted and basic income questions, I told him 20k (thinking I was way over shooting from 5k). He puts me on hold for a good 6-7 minutes. (Feels like for ever waiting for an answer though!) comes back on the phone and says I can do 15, will that be ok? I said sure. (Of course I'm doing my victory dance in the background lol)

So I push it and say how about my escape? He puts me on hold again and says "ok, I can't do quite as much on the escape. How's 14k" now I'm really excited. I said are you sure you can't do any better as I'm planning a lot of traveling and I love using the escape card for that purpose, noting that the rewards have to make sense for the af (only 60 bucks but I made it sound like a lot). Comes back and says 17 is the best he can do. I said ok and thanked him for his time and had a smile on my face the entire day.

So a quick break down;
1 hard pull
12k increase on escape to 17k
10k increase on it to 15k

Sorry for the long write up but I'm kind of excited.
Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Re: Discover CLI. I love discover

I couldn't figure out how to edit a post on an iPhone so I decided to add another one just letting you know that the it has only been open for 9 months and the escape for 8. I hope that can help someone.
Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 2 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats, well done!

Message 4 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nicely done, Congrats on the CLI!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 18
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! Those limit jumps are sweet!!! I love the how pawn shop/counter-offer tactic lol just glad they didn't low blow you. If you don't mind whats your occupation and annual income?

Message 6 of 18
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I'm self employed. 225k. Don't mind Smiley Happy anything to help out. I never knew discover would be so easy to work with
Message 7 of 18
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Very nice!! Congrats!!

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 18
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Holy increase Batman! Very nice, congrats!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 9 of 18
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Thanks guys Smiley Happy. More than 24 hours had passed and I'm still smiling
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.