Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Recon Success

tag
JoeRo
Valued Member

Discover CLI Recon Success

So I finally got the nerve to take a HP for a credit increase from discover. I called, went through the normal info, and was approved for a $500 increase to $3,000. I asked to speak with someone who could manually review my information. She transferred me to new accounts, and they reviewed my info. I told him that I wanted a lower utilization percentage. He then came back and approved my request for $5,000.

Moral of the story, always recon if they don't give you the full amount.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Recon Success

@JoeRo wrote:
So I finally got the nerve to take a HP for a credit increase from discover. I called, went through the normal info, and was approved for a $500 increase to $3,000. I asked to speak with someone who could manually review my information. She transferred me to new accounts, and they reviewed my info. I told him that I wanted a lower utilization percentage. He then came back and approved my request for $5,000.

Moral of the story, always recon if they don't give you the full amount.

Well worth a HP CONGRATS

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Nice bump, WTGSmiley Wink

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 4
JoeRo
Valued Member

It was definitely worth it. The only question he had was why I allowed only nine dollars to report last month. I told him that I was nervous that allowing too much to report on a small limit would cause my score to drop. That seemed to do it.

I'm trying to keep the inquiries down, as I'm hoping to app for Amex again next month. So I've only been taking hard pulls when they won't include experian.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.