Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI lol

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI lol

@LS2982 wrote:
Ive lost all faith in Discover for increases. Ill roll with my 7K Sams Discover.

GE >>>>>> Discover

So true LS! I have a 3k limit with Walmart Discover (GE of course but the discover logo makes it special, LOL) and I'm still stuck at my inital limit with Discover. What gives! And when they send the denial letter, they used an old report from May...ugh.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
After reading all these threads I'm mentally prepared to sacrifice 1 HP for CLI lol. They pull EQ for CLI requests right?

Tempting isn't it?  LOL.  To my knowledge, Discover pulls primarily from EQ.

I've had Discover since mid/late 90s.  The current CL sits at $15K and has grown solely through auto-CLIs.  Back during those years, it was evident to see that most lenders were more liberal about CLIs than in today's economy.

Message 12 of 16
Petraeus
Contributor

@enharu wrote:
After reading all these threads I'm mentally prepared to sacrifice 1 HP for CLI lol. They pull EQ for CLI requests right?

it depends. In the NY area they pull both TU and EX NOT EQ. When I contacted them for a CLI, they did a HP on TU and wanted an explanation for my UTL 21% at the time. After explaining the reasons (helping my wife get her master's in education) and asked for a 5K total CLI, ..... after a long on hold time, I was approved for a CLI increase from $1700 to $5000. I was stunned as I expected a counter offer but my CR is clean and never missed a payment. Decent Disc CLIs are possible but not easy to get.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 13 of 16
RonDawg
Contributor

@IECredit wrote:

After denying me a CLI a few weeks ago I woke up to a whooping 300$ CLI !! LOL not impressed with them!

Discover is one of the harder banks to get CLI from.   When I was approved for my Discover card it came with a Whopping 2.5k, however every 3 months they raised it another $250 till it reached 3.5k.  Today I was 1 day past my 3rd month from my last increase and noticed that they didn't increase it so, I pulled the love button and asked for 1.5k more making it 5k.  The website asked the standard questions as to why and income.  In the past it would always tell me that they needed to do a hard pull however, today it stated that I was approved for the 1.5k I asked. 

The funny part about the approval was that it came with a clause.  It stated "We are sorry we can not approve you full the full amount of your request at this time, we have approved you for 1.5k more making your total CL at $5000.00. If you wish to ask for a higher amount we will have to pull your Credit Report and have the request reviewed. If you would like to do this then press next.  If you are okay with what you were approved for then congratulations.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 14 of 16
knoregs
Established Contributor

@IECredit wrote:

After denying me a CLI a few weeks ago I woke up to a whooping 300$ CLI !! LOL not impressed with them!

A 30% CLI from Discover.... sounds pretty good to me.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 15 of 16
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I've had my Discover card since Sept. 2012, and a few months ago they increased my limit from $7500 to $9000. I was pleasantly surprised by the increase. I guess just have a little patience and eventually you'll get the big increase you want.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.