Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a CLI right after my first 90 days of having the card. I was offered $500 but I cancelled the increase. I decided to wait a couple weeks for my 3rd statement to cut to see if that would help me get a better increase. It appears that it might have.

Approved for $4000 increase. Smiley Happy

Not much has changed in those 2 weeks so it's possible that waiting for the 3rd statement instead of just the first 90 days might have been a big factor.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

Interesting..

This may work like Capital One now?

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a CLI right after my first 90 days of having the card. I was offered $500 but I cancelled the increase. I decided to wait a couple weeks for my 3rd statement to cut to see if that would help me get a better increase. It appears that it might have.

Approved for $4000 increase. Smiley Happy

Not much has changed in those 2 weeks so it's possible that waiting for the 3rd statement instead of just the first 90 days might have been a big factor.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 46
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! That has been D's trend lately. Offer up a small CLI initially and then two weeks later, offer a significantly higher one. I've also seen it happen within a shorter period of time such as 31 days (ignoring the "CLI train of the summer), so I'm not sure if 90days is the mark. Of course, it doesn't work for everyone, but it has for quite a few lucky ones. 

I would try again in like 18 days OP, that also seems to be a trend. Report back if you get another one. I wouldn't be surprise if you do! Good luck!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 46
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try in a few weeks.

I'm just happy that I finally have a CL above $10k. Feels great! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 46
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 46
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Sweet, congrats! I just opened my account in June... I've put quite a bit of usage thru my card and usually PIF... Havent tried yet to get a CLI and I'm afraid to try. I hate rejection. lol

Edit: I said screw it and hit that button... got a $4,000 increase! Smiley Happy I love Discover!

Message 7 of 46
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

WOW, Good deal, Congratulations!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 8 of 46
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!! 

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

Question...

When I log in and check the "Card Details", I now see the "Request Increase" link. It's never shown up before but I JUST got my CLI last week. Is it normal for that to show up right after a CLI? I thought it normally wouldn't show up until your account is eligible for a CLI.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.