Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

Congrats, nice increase!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 11 of 15
nawhop
Valued Member

Congrats on the nice Discover CLI !

Starting score 03/01/2015 EQ 693 TU 705 EX 732
Goal Score FICO08 : the 800 clubs
Mortgage app HP 04/20/2015
Message 12 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@iheartwings wrote:

I think I am done requesting more from them, but, yay!

Congrats and why? Just keep asking Smiley Happy

I think OP's reason for not wanting to continue asking is pretty good. I can also see not wanting to ask for more because of concerns about eventually triggering FR (though you hear about that seldom with Discover).

Personally, I think we should be a bit cautious about Discover's sudden generosity. Until this year, they were known for being among the most conservative lenders. Now suddenly they're handing out CLIs like candy on Halloween. But credit card companies giveth and credit card companies taketh away. Nobody knows what turn Discover might take next of course, but if they decide to back off and go conservative again, they might look askance at those who pushed the luv button a lot.

Message 14 of 15
Express
Frequent Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:
The bad news...didn't get a CLI on Discover at 30 days.

Tried again around 45 days and didn't expect much. Just got an email...$6000 CLI, boom. That now brings my CL with Discover to $38,000, far and away my highest CL.

I think I am done requesting more from them, but, yay!

That's pretty good! Congrats

CL $408,200
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.