Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Discover CLI

I just got $900 CLI on my Discover It card, bringing it to $3,900. I ran about $3k through it in the first month (car down payment) and paid it off the next day. Then I used about $600 each month on it until last month, when I decided to use the 0% APR and maintain a $2k balance.

I was so sure that holding a balance would eliminate my chances of getting a CLI, but I guess not! Just like with my Chase Amazon CLI last week, this came after the 4th statement. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

@Joteism wrote:

I just got $900 CLI on my Discover It card, bringing it to $3,900. I ran about $3k through it in the first month (car down payment) and paid it off the next day. Then I used about $600 each month on it until last month, when I decided to use the 0% APR and maintain a $2k balance.

I was so sure that holding a balance would eliminate my chances of getting a CLI, but I guess not! Just like with my Chase Amazon CLI last week, this came after the 4th statement. 

Unlike most lenders, Discover actually prefers if you carry a balance on their products.  Using the card and carrying a balance makes them happy!

Message 2 of 7
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats... I am seeing Discover lately giving more Cli's before the usual 6 month wait. Even got an email saying try in 3 months.. This is definetly new..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 4 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 6 of 7
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

@Joteism wrote:

Unlike most lenders, Discover actually prefers if you carry a balance on their products.  Using the card and carrying a balance makes them happy!

I am hoping you are right! I'm carrying a balance this month FOR SURE! :/

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.