Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card CLI

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Discover Card CLI

As my previous post, I recently approve for Discover with $1.7k limit and its on the way to my house in a few days. I have a few question want to ask and discuss with you guys.......

What my change of getting credit increase @ first activated my card ?? Should i do it or wait about 6 months ???? I ask them about 3k since i really enjoy their 4% interest charge for 6 months and 150 cash bonus spend 1000 for 3 months. I did ask them when i call in and they said that's all they can offer and maybe wait 6 months to ask for it. Anyone had successful doing this without an HP ??? I also need some recon backdoor number. Please inbox me if you guys have some.

Please feel free to share your opinion.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Card CLI

Your chance of getting CLI at activation is super slim, if not zero.

I got a More card more than a month ago. I tried sweet talking them for CLI at activation. Was told "Wait 6 months". Then I added my wife as "Joint Account Holder" (her score is 750ish). Called in using backdoor. Again was told "Wait 6 months". No problem. In the last month alone I charged about 3K to it (current CL is $1000) and PIF 4 times. Called in again and told them "look I paid it off 4 times in a month. I simply need more credit and I can pay it off. You see..... blah blah". Again "NO. Wait 6 months".

I search around this board and many people get auto CLI @ 2months, 3 months, etc. So hopefully Discover give us some love before the 6th month.

Hope this helps.

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 2 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Very rarely do you ever get a CLI within the first 2 months. I think you're in the right direction; just add a piece of patience to the recipe and you'll get a delicious cake. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Discover is known to hand out small auto CLI from time to time. My card got $250 CLI from $2,000 on my second statement.

Message 4 of 10
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

I recieve about 500 cli every 6 months from discover.

Message 5 of 10
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Dont count on it. Im on my 13th statement and never seen an auto CLI. I Ive tried a few times through their site hoping for a soft approval, and they want me to speak to someone on the phone each time. Ive ran enough $ through them as well. I dont want to burn an INQ till down the road. 

Message 6 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Wow i really love Dis with their cash back bonus and shop discover but I guess they not really CLI friendly huh.........let me try to used them heavy after couple of months.....

Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it was a no go for me lol they said wait for 6 mos and even suggested I lower some of my existing lines to get a higher line with them :-/ lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah, it was a no go for me lol they said wait for 6 mos and even suggested I lower some of my existing lines to get a higher line with them :-/ lol

Wows really !!?  Haizzz Discover......

Message 9 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Your total available credit is on the high end. How does it compare to your earnings?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.