Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Denial but got the secured!

tag
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Discover Denial but got the secured!

I guess you can say it was kind of an approval haha. Got denied cause my collections but they offered the secured cause of my recent good history.  Same rewards as the regular IT card.  The rep said the secured can be graduate within 12 months if the card is in good standing. So all in all its not a total loss. I'm just happy to get my foot in the door with discover!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Denial but got the secured!

Any step forward is a positive. I was there 6 mos ago. There's still a requirement threshhold with a secured card.  Congrats on entering the Discover family.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AwwwYeee wrote:

I guess you can say it was kind of an approval haha. Got denied cause my collections but they offered the secured cause of my recent good history.  Same rewards as the regular IT card.  The rep said the secured can be graduate within 12 months if the card is in good standing. So all in all its not a total loss. I'm just happy to get my foot in the door with discover!

Nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys!! Secured or not. I'm stoked!

Message 5 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

Thanks guys!! Secured or not. I'm stoked!

You tell em!! Congrats!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw... feels good to get your foot in the door. Congrats!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.