Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Double Cash Back - Approval

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Discover Double Cash Back - Approval

So, I went ahead and applied since I was getting these invitations for the card twice a week for the past week or two.  Came on here and saw that they were pretty solid odds for approval.  I figured this couldn't be a bad thing and a sign from the credit gods of my Sam's Club personal line getting shutdown for inactivity was a sign to apply.  Went ahead and did it online w/o the invitation number on the mailers and got an instant approval for $4500 which took a call to customer service.  Asked for a CLI bump since my average cards are higher than this.  Got pushed over to another analyst to review the application for higher limit over the phone.  Got denied after the review for the CLI.  I guess I'll be working the magical Discover online CLI button to see how that goes.

Here's to a long road of waiting for a Discover card and 14.99% after 12 months 0%!!  

Edit 7/28 - got a hit on EX 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Double Cash Back - Approval

Congrats! Can i ask why you didn't use the mailer invitation? Just curious
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 3 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Can i ask why you didn't use the mailer invitation? Just curious

I didn't have it with me when I decided to pull the trigger.  I ran the pre-qual app and it came back with the same results.  I viewed the invite to the similar mailing you get when you get the shopping cart trick for Sportsman's Guide through commenity.  The credit terms matched the invite so, just went ahead and applied w/o the invite number.  If it came back declined then I would probably follow up with a phone call with the invite in hand to challenge it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval

Message 6 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.