Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT APPROVAL!!!

tag
illini2010

Discover IT APPROVAL!!!

Guys & Gals,

Just wanted to share my recent experience. I finally pulled the trigger on apping for Discover IT after completing the preapproval screening.  To my surprise I was approved instantly!!!  What a great feeling!!!  I definitely do not have the best scores with quite a few dings on my report (30,60,90,120 day lates).  All the major lates are pretty old but still hurt my score.  I'm paying off one credit card at the moment but I'm still at around 75% utilization (4500/6100) My utilization is on the way down tho so just taking baby steps... My Fico scores through this website are TU - 654 and EQ - 635.  Phewwww...feeling great right now.  Just want to thank everyone on these boards for all of their contributions.  I have been lurking for quite sometime and just wanted to share my positive experience and possibly encourage those who are on the fence on apping.  Thank you discover for the opportunity, I will not let you down.  

What is the best number to call and check my credit limit? Also when could I expect an alert as to what report they pulled?

Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT APPROVAL!!!

Message 2 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@illini2010 wrote:

Guys & Gals,

Just wanted to share my recent experience. I finally pulled the trigger on apping for Discover IT after completing the preapproval screening.  To my surprise I was approved instantly!!!  What a great feeling!!!  I definitely do not have the best scores with quite a few dings on my report (30,60,90,120 day lates).  All the major lates are pretty old but still hurt my score.  I'm paying off one credit card at the moment but I'm still at around 75% utilization (4500/6100) My utilization is on the way down tho so just taking baby steps... My Fico scores through this website are TU - 654 and EQ - 635.  Phewwww...feeling great right now.  Just want to thank everyone on these boards for all of their contributions.  I have been lurking for quite sometime and just wanted to share my positive experience and possibly encourage those who are on the fence on apping.  Thank you discover for the opportunity, I will not let you down.  

What is the best number to call and check my credit limit? Also when could I expect an alert as to what report they pulled?

Thank you in advance 

1800 DISCOVER or the link above.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 26
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Hopefully you get a solid CL that will in and of itself help your score by lowering UTL.

Message 4 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 26
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 6 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 26
illini2010

Thanks everyone.  I've recently gotten really serious about my credit.  If all goes well I hope to be at 5-9% utilization in about 3 months.  I heard it takes a few hours for the discover account to be online,  Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Message 8 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 26
Nocturnal
Contributor

Congrats, it's a really nice card!

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.