cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT APPROVED after denied 31 days ago!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT APPROVED after denied 31 days ago!

Hi everyone! I was just approved for a Discover IT card with a $2,000 SL and a $75 statement credit (applied through Amazon) after being denied 31 days ago. I posted here a month ago that I was denied and the original denial reasons was: NUMBER OF RECENTLY OPENED ACCOUNT

I had been approved for a Paypal 2% and an Amazon store card less then a month before my original Discover denial so while I was totally bummed out I completely understood why I was denied. About 1 week after my Discover denial they sent me a preapproval mailer and I checked on their new prequalify site and it had switched from secured to preapprovals for Discover IT and Discover Chrome. I did not get a hard inquiry from the original app so I decided to try applying again as soon as I could.

I waited 31 days...instead of using the preapproval offers I took a gamble and applied through Amazon so I could get the $75 statement credit. I was sweating bullets before I pressed the submit button but didn't even get a chance to be nervous during the wait time because right after I press submit it almost instantly went to the congrats you have been approved! It said my card would arrive in 5-7 days and gave me a link to check my limit which connected me to livechat who gave me the $2000 SL.

Datapoints:

Denied on 10/12 and approved on 11/12

No hard inquires at all (the original app said it used info from Equifax and my FICO at the time was 675, there was a soft inquiry from the prequalify site but no hard). I have no idea what my FICO for Equifax is right now but I imagine it might be a little lower then 675 since my util % went up slightly.

Util %18

Inquires: Transunion: 3 Equifax: 2 Experian: 1

AAoA: 3 Months (Longest History: 8 Months)

3 (now 4!) Cards: $750 Capital One Quicksilver, $800 Amazon Store Card, $2,000 Paypal %2, $2,000 Discover IT

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover IT APPROVED after denied 31 days ago!

Good to see that persistence pays off congrats!

Message 2 of 8
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you! Similar thing happened to me.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8, i'm 20 days away for my 91 days cli train, can't wait ..course will hard press for sp double dip no worry.

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice pickupSmiley Happy. Enjoy!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, good job. Dv

Message 6 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Nice work! Congratulations!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone! I was just approved for a Discover IT card with a $2,000 SL and a $75 statement credit (applied through Amazon) after being denied 31 days ago. I posted here a month ago that I was denied and the original denial reasons was: NUMBER OF RECENTLY OPENED ACCOUNT

I had been approved for a Paypal 2% and an Amazon store card less then a month before my original Discover denial so while I was totally bummed out I completely understood why I was denied. About 1 week after my Discover denial they sent me a preapproval mailer and I checked on their new prequalify site and it had switched from secured to preapprovals for Discover IT and Discover Chrome. I did not get a hard inquiry from the original app so I decided to try applying again as soon as I could.

I waited 31 days...instead of using the preapproval offers I took a gamble and applied through Amazon so I could get the $75 statement credit. I was sweating bullets before I pressed the submit button but didn't even get a chance to be nervous during the wait time because right after I press submit it almost instantly went to the congrats you have been approved! It said my card would arrive in 5-7 days and gave me a link to check my limit which connected me to livechat who gave me the $2000 SL.

Datapoints:

Denied on 10/12 and approved on 11/12

No hard inquires at all (the original app said it used info from Equifax and my FICO at the time was 675, there was a soft inquiry from the prequalify site but no hard). I have no idea what my FICO for Equifax is right now but I imagine it might be a little lower then 675 since my util % went up slightly.

Util %18

Inquires: Transunion: 3 Equifax: 2 Experian: 1

AAoA: 3 Months (Longest History: 8 Months)

3 (now 4!) Cards: $750 Capital One Quicksilver, $800 Amazon Store Card, $2,000 Paypal %2, $2,000 Discover IT

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Smiley Happy This forum has helped me SO much and I'm excited to finally be in with Discover.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.