Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT App! Approved

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Re: Discover IT App! Approved

Thanks everyone! And Congrats as well to you guys whom also got approved for the Discover It Card!  I'm excited about this.

Now though I want to take it one step at a time eventually I would like to get at least one more good card, so many choices lol. I don't want to jump on trying just yet but how long should I wait to try this? If  I can get it in this year sometime by chance that be great.

Because at the end of the year if I get a second card I plan on doing one of two things, closing my orchard bank card due to having better cards with better terms and no annual fees. Or for age purposes being my current oldest and at the very tech moment only CC, if I can get them to waive the fee this year suggested by a user named: _jb_ in another topic I made I'll keep it open longer to help while my new cards gain some age.

Oh LS2982, with only having my Orchard Card that I could never get a limit increase due to the option not being available, how do I go about that when the time hits where I may try for it?  Is there a difference between online and over the phone?

I read some post, can't remember if it was for Discover or not, but I read post were if you apply online it might do a soft pull but if it can't decide it will ask you if you want to accept a hard pull for a potential increase which you can accept or deny.

Is that the case for Discover or is it best to ask over the phone when the time comes? I'm personally a person who prefers online, but if it is suggested that this is better task over the phone I'll do it but I'm still not sure how to go about it lol.

(also just realized there's a spell check function on the boards... Sorry about any bad grammar, I type fast and sometimes forget to spell check my stuff also I change my sentences mid way through occasionally miss removal of words making them seem funny, I'll try to use spell check and better proof read my stuff)

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 11 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Feom what I hear about orchard they are just now starting to accept customer initiated cli's you have to call in. Also the Discover SP cli is true online it will ask you if they have permission to HP if they cant process a SP cli..

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 32
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@MegaZX30 wrote:

Because at the end of the year if I get a second card I plan on doing one of two things, closing my orchard bank card due to having better cards with better terms and no annual fees. Or for age purposes being my current oldest and at the very tech moment only CC, if I can get them to waive the fee this year suggested by a user named: _jb_ in another topic I made I'll keep it open longer to help while my new cards gain some age.

<--- Celebrity in this post. (I kid)

You are certainly on the right track. Keep the Orchard card open as long as possible and/or try and get the fee waived (like I said, I am not familiar with Orchard, so I don't know if that is even an option). With the Discover It being your third card, and your scores sitting just below 700, I would sit tight in the garden all the while keeping your UTIL as low as possible, and watch your score grow a couple of points each month. In 6 months, you could probably pick up a something like the Chase Freedom or an AmEx charge card and be in a really nice position credit wise. Congrats again.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 13 of 32
awdsmama
Established Contributor

I stand corrected.   They pulled ALL THREE reports   Just got the alerts this morning.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 14 of 32
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  I got approved for IT today :-)

I just checked on Credit Karma and it shows an inquiry from Discover so it looks like for me at least they pulled TU. Ymmv of course.

Congrats again!

Good to know!!  Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy  Sorta surprised they pulled all three but then again, maybe thats their new strategy to go with their new card.

P.S.  I am sure it will tighten up but so are my scores...and I have been an AU on a regular Discover for almost two years now with never a late ever so I am thinking they will like me maybe just a little.  (holds fingers really really close together)

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 15 of 32
RSCo
Established Contributor

Awesome!!!

I just got approved last tuesday for IT too... They fedex it and it's gourgous... Comes in a nice package..  Received it Friday... It's awesome..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 16 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Awesome!!!

I just got approved last tuesday for IT too... They fedex it and it's gourgous... Comes in a nice package..  Received it Friday... It's awesome..

Yes I love mine as well, hate the CL tho.

I get alot of compliments on it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 32
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Awesome!!!

LS2982,  Who did they pull for you?

Thanks

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 18 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Awesome!!!

LS2982,  Who did they pull for you?

Thanks

EQ. I had to recon mine and they gave me a 1K CL.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 32
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Got mine last week, they pulled EQ on mine.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.