Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Approved! Finally!

tag
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

Discover IT - Approved! Finally!

So, on the heels of my recent approval for the Barclaycard AAdvantage WEMC... and upon seeing my scores increase to the 680-695 range, I decided to apply for a card that I've been wanting for a long time. I've been wanting a good cash back card with your standard 5% rotating categories and, Discover matches your cash back for the first year. I've applied for the Discover IT card in the past and, I've always been denied. 

Well, I cold-apped and finally received an approval for the Discover IT card! I was barely approved though, considering they gave me an $800 SL. I'm so happy though, I'm finally in with Discover! I'll baby the card and try for a CLI increase after a couple months of good history. 

I'm done for awhile though... off to the garden I go to let these TL's grow.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT - Approved! Finally!

Congrats on your Discover approval! I just got approved recently and brought the card with me on my vacation, im loving the 5% on restaurant categories right now because im doing a lot of eating out (along with my freedom).

Enjoy the card.....the design/looks front and back of the card  is nice in my opinion. I got the GOLD color. 

Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the Discover family. Trying to get into Discover sometimes feels like trying to get in Fort KnoxSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 11
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!! I remember how happy I was when I got approved for a Discover It card!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Discover approval. I love that card. It is one of my daily drivers. Use your CL well and watch it grow.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Welcome to the Discover family. Trying to get into Discover sometimes feels like trying to get in Fort KnoxSmiley Wink

This is for darn sure. I just tonight got thru on a Discover Secured, which has been a real chore as every previous time had been denied for the secured product. I did IIB them so i knew it was going to be a waiting game. I last tried in december, and tonight on a whim said what the heck and rolled the dice yet again. Nice to be back inside the doors of a major. Now maybe there is future hope for Citi, Amex, BOA and Chase.  To note i originally filed May 2012 and was discharged i believe August 2012. So about 5 years has elapsed. Couldn't be more happy for them to take my deposit as i know its a small price to pay for the future rewards with proper nurturing of this one.

As very common advice on these boards, you can't rush it. Slow and steady wins the race like the tortoise and the hare.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Discover approval.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macuserftw wrote:

So, on the heels of my recent approval for the Barclaycard AAdvantage WEMC... and upon seeing my scores increase to the 680-695 range, I decided to apply for a card that I've been wanting for a long time. I've been wanting a good cash back card with your standard 5% rotating categories and, Discover matches your cash back for the first year. I've applied for the Discover IT card in the past and, I've always been denied. 

Well, I cold-apped and finally received an approval for the Discover IT card! I was barely approved though, considering they gave me an $800 SL. I'm so happy though, I'm finally in with Discover! I'll baby the card and try for a CLI increase after a couple months of good history. 

I'm done for awhile though... off to the garden I go to let these TL's grow.

Congrats, Massachussettes CUSEr(Go Orange) FTW!  This is likely the 2nd next card I want to apply for.  I've also been denied it in the past.  With a year of it doubling, and you recently scoring another rewards card, some gardening sounds like a reasonable plan.  

I really want to ask the member with the secured how much they IIBed Discover for(being I did as well), but out of respect for anyone with CUSE in their name I'm going to seek and hope they have their own thread.  Smiley Happy  Congrats on going 2 for 2!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

duplicate post, ugh.  

Message 9 of 11
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Great card pick up.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.