Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Approved!!

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Discover IT Approved!!

I decided to try again for Discover as my last Collection fell off from all of my reports this past month (Officially Collection Free!), I was not expecting much since i was denied for the Discover More just 2 months ago.

After clicking on the Submit Application button it asked me for additional employment information, I took this as good news because at least i was not denied immediately, After clicking on Submit Applicaton again i got the message "We are unable to approve you for the terms you requested", my sadness quickly turned into joy when it also said that i was Approved but with different terms, all i had to do was accept the new terms and i was instantly approved!.

Basically the only difference was that  the APR is 6% for the first 6 months (Instead of 0%) and 22% thereafer (Instead of 11%), I don't really care much for this since i usually PIF anyway.

I am so happy since the discover was one of my goal cards and i did not think i would get it so soon, I only have one negative left on my report but it is a big one: a 3 year old charge off, My Equifax score 2 months ago was 645 but this was before the collection fell off, I am guessing that going from having a collection to being collection free must have given me a nice boost.

I still don't know what my limit is but all of my cards (Freedom, Cap One Cash Rewards) only have a $500 limit, hopefully Discover gives me my first 4 digit limit!.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Approved!!

There have been some great stories of Discover IT limits the last few days, so fingers crossed that you get a big one!

Congrats!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
There have been some great stories of Discover IT limits the last few days, so fingers crossed that you get a big one!

Congrats!

Even if not, it will grow with you. Congrats on the approval. I love my IT.

Call them, if you want to kow the limit. see sticky backdoornumbers.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 15
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 4 of 15
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Question ---- do you know which report they pulled?

@Denny33142 wrote:

I decided to try again for Discover as my last Collection fell off from all of my reports this past month (Officially Collection Free!), I was not expecting much since i was denied for the Discover More just 2 months ago.

After clicking on the Submit Application button it asked me for additional employment information, I took this as good news because at least i was not denied immediately, After clicking on Submit Applicaton again i got the message "We are unable to approve you for the terms you requested", my sadness quickly turned into joy when it also said that i was Approved but with different terms, all i had to do was accept the new terms and i was instantly approved!.

Basically the only difference was that  the APR is 6% for the first 6 months (Instead of 0%) and 22% thereafer (Instead of 11%), I don't really care much for this since i usually PIF anyway.

I am so happy since the discover was one of my goal cards and i did not think i would get it so soon, I only have one negative left on my report but it is a big one: a 3 year old charge off, My Equifax score 2 months ago was 645 but this was before the collection fell off, I am guessing that going from having a collection to being collection free must have given me a nice boost.

I still don't know what my limit is but all of my cards (Freedom, Cap One Cash Rewards) only have a $500 limit, hopefully Discover gives me my first 4 digit limit!.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 5 of 15
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

CredtKarma is reporting a new inquiry so it looks like they pulled Transunion. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congratulations.  I just got my first Discover card a few months ago and they gave me a $6,000 limit.  All my other cards up to this point were at most $800 limit so you should do well!  

Message 7 of 15
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and being collection free!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 15
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Collection free! Oh what a feeling. great position. capitalize on itSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.