Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI

tag
impactplayer
New Contributor

Discover IT CLI

It must be my lucky week. I logged into my Discover IT to check my balance and I had a CLI message that invited me to apply for an increase. This was a little surprising because I had just received a $3000 increase back in February. I decided to test my luck since it was a SP and they gave me another $6000 to bring my limit up to $34,000. That makes $9000 on the year and I honestly have not even been using the card very much (maybe $500 to $1000 every month). Woohoo! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT CLI

Freaking A!!!!! Congratulations! That is an incredibe CLI, and the fact that they invited you is just tremendous! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats on your sweet Discover CLI! 😊
Message 3 of 14
impactplayer
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Freaking A!!!!! Congratulations! That is an incredibe CLI, and the fact that they invited you is just tremendous! Smiley Happy

Thanks, I know right? I thought it must have been a mistake but I guess not Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great increase!  A few quick questions.  You said you received a CLI back in February.  Was that one automatic, invited, or did you request it online yourself (SP)?  Also, would you be able to calculate the exact number of days between that CLI and the one you just got and post it?

What's your income if you don't mind me asking?  Also, at the time of the CLI invite what was your current account balance and what was your current reported account balance?  Do you typically allow a positive balance to report or do you typically allow it to report $0?

Finally, I've never seen an invitation style CLI prompt from Discover.  Would you be able to describe where on the main page it said this when you logged in to check your balance?  Thank you for any additional information you can provide!

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on being on Discovers' Christmas card listSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Disco increase!! SP makes it even better

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Awesome!! Congrats on the CLI!! That's a nice score!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
impactplayer
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great increase!  A few quick questions.  You said you received a CLI back in February.  Was that one automatic, invited, or did you request it online yourself (SP)?  Also, would you be able to calculate the exact number of days between that CLI and the one you just got and post it?

What's your income if you don't mind me asking?  Also, at the time of the CLI invite what was your current account balance and what was your current reported account balance?  Do you typically allow a positive balance to report or do you typically allow it to report $0?

Finally, I've never seen an invitation style CLI prompt from Discover.  Would you be able to describe where on the main page it said this when you logged in to check your balance?  Thank you for any additional information you can provide!

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out the exact date of the February increase. I don't think Discover emails you when you have an increase. I checked my statements and it was sometime between 1/20 and 2/19, but I know that it was in February. 

Income is $421,500 annually. At the time of the CLI invite, both current account balance and reported account balance were $739.96. I always allow a balance when the statement cuts and my autopay pays in full on the due date. 

The message showed up in the middle here, just above the "See your FICO score now" text. It was a message that said something like "You're invited to increase your credit line, please apply today" and it was a hyperlink, so once I clicked it, it asked me to update income and submit for the CLI. That's not it exactly but it was something close. 

Hopefully this information is helpful! 

Message 9 of 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wondered if you saw this post BBS, so is this the first 20K Increase there has been lately that you are aware of?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.