cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Card Offer - Who do they pull?

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT Card Offer - Who do they pull?

Over the weekend when apping for a Barclays Apple Visa card, I also checked the find my offer website for Discover, and, when normally used to seeing nothing come back, was presented the IT Card.

How "legit" are the offers on Discover? I know some banks/companies offers are true pre-selects, and others are not.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Card Offer - Who do they pull?

They have now changed their site to recommend the IT card. Unless, it states "congrats...." or something like that then it's not an offer but rather just an invite. Either way, its never a sure thing.

FYI, I recently got approved for the IT card and the welcome packet showed they pulled EX (but IIRC it was actually a double pull). I never had any offers show up for me, but decided to app anyways. There was an issue with the site so I called the next day and they had no sign of my app so I was transferred to the new app dept. to just app over the phone. The lady started by asking me the same questions the pre-qual site does, and she said congrats we do have an offer for you and then read it over then asked if I wanted to go ahead and accept the offer and apply. I was instantly approved.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 7
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for replying.

I did pull the trigger and was approved, although I may consider reaching out to get an increase on the limit (1500 initial).

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Discover family

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

Over the weekend when apping for a Barclays Apple Visa card, I also checked the find my offer website for Discover, and, when normally used to seeing nothing come back, was presented the IT Card.

Discover is a good TU puller but they can pull any of them. I would search the credit pulls database to get an idea of who they might pull in your state.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jetstan2013 - congrats on your approval.
Message 6 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.