Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Miles Approval

tag
konupe3
Valued Member

Discover IT Miles Approval

So I've been on quite a spree lately since I had to come out of the garden to apply for a student loan. Recently I was approved for the Citi Diamond @ 3K, BofA Americard @6k, ink @17k and a pre approval from cap one auto nav up to 40k. I was pretty much batting a thousand until I hit the mighty wall of Penfed. I swear I can't get a card with them to save my life. So after the denial from Penfed lastnight I decided to take one last stab at the Disco Miles card. I was hesitant because I remember people having a hard time getting approved for the card when it first came out, but decided to bite the bullet anyway. 

Apped and got a message that they wanted me to call in to verify information. Since I already have a regular IT card they just wanted to know if I would like both cards or just one. I told them I would like both. CSR was super nice and said that was fine and "welcome back to discover". Approved for 3k. Disappointing limit since my other IT card is @ 11k but I'll take it. Looking to use this for a everyday spender and hopefully get some gravy on the CLI train in a few months. I am now going back to the garden. 

Fico Plus Scores: EX: 735 EQ:744 TU: 743
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Miles Approval

Congrats!!!!!!!

May I ask how long have you had the The first Discover IT befote you applied for the second??

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! I think a lot of Discover holders end up with a small CL on the second card. but hopefully it will grow for you. You'll get there on PenFed too just sounds like it will take a little waiting to bust down that wall. Discover, PenFed and Barclays have been my brickwalls the past six months and over the last month all have been busted through and approvals gained. 

Message 3 of 8
konupe3
Valued Member

I've had the first IT since 2013. Currently have a BT on there for 5k taking advantage of a 12M No interest. 

Fico Plus Scores: EX: 735 EQ:744 TU: 743
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 8
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I have my eye on that card for 2017.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.