cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!

tag
MizzB
Regular Contributor

Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!

OMG to say I'm excited is an understantment. After a year of working on my credit I have FINALLY been let into the AMEX and Discover families!!!!

I randomly decided to leave the garden and apply online for both cards today and BAM instant approvals.

SL on both cards are low (AMEX $1k, Discover IT $1.2K) but I don't care. I have always wanted an AMEX and I am ready to get away from these subprime cards. I still can't even believe that I'm approved. After this, I'm going back in the garden. Still confused about what to do with the secured lower limit cards. I'm thinking I should close them but I dont know how this impact my average account age? Does any know?

Anyway, just sharing the GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks in advance for any advice!!

UPDATE: I called AMEX to update my Delta Sky Miles number and was offered and instantly approved for the Premier Rewards Gold Card with 5Ok Membership Rewards Points. Now I’m officially done and back in the garden. 🍃
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT and AMEX Delta Gold INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting approved for AmEx and Discover!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 13
sobetrader
Valued Member

Congrats! I know how you feel, I just recently got back in with Amex via AU, my current scores are similar to yours I'm hoping the AU will help me with them when I apply for my own in a few months I too plan to apply for the Delta Gold. Thanks for sharing.

Starting Score: 477
Current Score: 629
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  You will love both cards.

Message 4 of 13
MizzB
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!

Thanks all!!!
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 5 of 13
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!

Congrats! 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!

@MizzB wrote:
OMG to say I'm excited is an understantment. After a year of working on my credit I have FINALLY been let into the AMEX and Discover families!!!!

I randomly decided to leave the garden and apply online for both cards today and BAM instant approvals.

SL on both cards are low (AMEX $1k, Discover IT $1.2K) but I don't care. I have always wanted an AMEX and I am ready to get away from these subprime cards. I still can't even believe that I'm approved. After this, I'm going back in the garden. Still confused about what to do with the secured lower limit cards. I'm thinking I should close them but I dont know how this impact my average account age? Does any know?

Anyway, just sharing the GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks in advance for any advice!!

UPDATE: I called AMEX to update my Delta Sky Miles number and was offered and instantly approved for the Premier Rewards Gold Card with 5Ok Membership Rewards Points. Now I’m officially done and back in the garden. 🍃

Congrats on Approval

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover IT, AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card INSTANT APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!

Big congratsSmiley Happy Say goodbye to your little friends, lol, best said in the Scarface voice. No more need for that Open Sky or green dots, imo of courseSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have a spend requirement on Miles/MR points?  I typically only get one at a time so I can meet the spend for SUB.

Congrats!  Cancel and shred those secured cards imo.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS OP, seems like you are doing well. With the new cards I would garden for a year or so by then those new cards should be aging well together and increase your chances at other banks if you go that route

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.