cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT


score_building wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

I actually regret changing to the IT card.  I love the Dawn of Discover card too much.  I actually have 2 mint condition Dawn of Discover cards that are still active till 2016 lol.  I have the regular DoD and the bio - degradable DoD.


Recieved several preapprovals for the More even after converting to IT, app and approved, so have both cards. Love having all the More card options and the IT card is sweet too; won't use the extra IT benes but can't hurt. Also, served as a sorta 'back door' exposure limit increase with DIscover-they denied IT CLI but approved for a nice limit on the new More app. Go figure. Best of both worlds to me, since I like Discover, no regrets, except the new acct hit on AAoA, which is no biggie really, especially in the long run.


I thought you can convert to IT with the same account number and everything. just a product change....someone correct me if im wrong....

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Senior Contributor

Re: Discover IT


nicholasyud wrote:

score_building wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

I actually regret changing to the IT card.  I love the Dawn of Discover card too much.  I actually have 2 mint condition Dawn of Discover cards that are still active till 2016 lol.  I have the regular DoD and the bio - degradable DoD.


Recieved several preapprovals for the More even after converting to IT, app and approved, so have both cards. Love having all the More card options and the IT card is sweet too; won't use the extra IT benes but can't hurt. Also, served as a sorta 'back door' exposure limit increase with DIscover-they denied IT CLI but approved for a nice limit on the new More app. Go figure. Best of both worlds to me, since I like Discover, no regrets, except the new acct hit on AAoA, which is no biggie really, especially in the long run.


I thought you can convert to IT with the same account number and everything. just a product change....someone correct me if im wrong....

 


You can and I did PC to IT from More. I then decided to app for More and was approved for a new More, so now have both.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT

Can one PC to the IT card even if they have the student version of the more card? If so, how does one go about doing that (call a special number?)?

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT

PC to IT.  I did the same from More to IT.  Kept the same number.  My AU/kids were thrilled that they could continue to use their retro Sony cassette cards until the expiration date in 2016.  I decided to start using the IT card and shredded the More card, really makes no difference since it's the same account number.

 

Regarding payments, I make all my payments shortly after seeing the bill post and it usually only takes a day to see it credited to my account.  Payment withdrawal shows at my credit union the following business day; if I make a payment on a Friday, it usually doesn't pull the payment from my CU until Monday, my IT account shows the payment as posted on the day the transaction happens, but is reflected to the day of the transaction.  3 days only happens for me on the weekend with a Friday payment.  YMMV. Smiley Tongue

EX = 849 EQ = 850 TU = 850 as of 07/2017
Retired and Retiring Cards!
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT


thom02099 wrote:

PC to IT.  I did the same from More to IT.  Kept the same number.  My AU/kids were thrilled that they could continue to use their retro Sony cassette cards until the expiration date in 2016.  I decided to start using the IT card and shredded the More card, really makes no difference since it's the same account number.

 

Regarding payments, I make all my payments shortly after seeing the bill post and it usually only takes a day to see it credited to my account.  Payment withdrawal shows at my credit union the following business day; if I make a payment on a Friday, it usually doesn't pull the payment from my CU until Monday, my IT account shows the payment as posted on the day the transaction happens, but is reflected to the day of the transaction.  3 days only happens for me on the weekend with a Friday payment.  YMMV. Smiley Tongue


Do you also keep your promotion and other stuff ??? i have $150 cash back after spent $1000. I think i should wait until i get that money then PC it.

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT


nicholasyud wrote:

thom02099 wrote:

PC to IT.  I did the same from More to IT.  Kept the same number.  My AU/kids were thrilled that they could continue to use their retro Sony cassette cards until the expiration date in 2016.  I decided to start using the IT card and shredded the More card, really makes no difference since it's the same account number.

 

Regarding payments, I make all my payments shortly after seeing the bill post and it usually only takes a day to see it credited to my account.  Payment withdrawal shows at my credit union the following business day; if I make a payment on a Friday, it usually doesn't pull the payment from my CU until Monday, my IT account shows the payment as posted on the day the transaction happens, but is reflected to the day of the transaction.  3 days only happens for me on the weekend with a Friday payment.  YMMV. Smiley Tongue


Do you also keep your promotion and other stuff ??? i have $150 cash back after spent $1000. I think i should wait until i get that money then PC it.

 


My Rewards balance carried over from More to IT.  You could confirm this when you call in to do the PC. 

EX = 849 EQ = 850 TU = 850 as of 07/2017
Retired and Retiring Cards!