Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT

@score_building wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

I actually regret changing to the IT card.  I love the Dawn of Discover card too much.  I actually have 2 mint condition Dawn of Discover cards that are still active till 2016 lol.  I have the regular DoD and the bio - degradable DoD.

Recieved several preapprovals for the More even after converting to IT, app and approved, so have both cards. Love having all the More card options and the IT card is sweet too; won't use the extra IT benes but can't hurt. Also, served as a sorta 'back door' exposure limit increase with DIscover-they denied IT CLI but approved for a nice limit on the new More app. Go figure. Best of both worlds to me, since I like Discover, no regrets, except the new acct hit on AAoA, which is no biggie really, especially in the long run.

I thought you can convert to IT with the same account number and everything. just a product change....someone correct me if im wrong....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

I actually regret changing to the IT card.  I love the Dawn of Discover card too much.  I actually have 2 mint condition Dawn of Discover cards that are still active till 2016 lol.  I have the regular DoD and the bio - degradable DoD.

Recieved several preapprovals for the More even after converting to IT, app and approved, so have both cards. Love having all the More card options and the IT card is sweet too; won't use the extra IT benes but can't hurt. Also, served as a sorta 'back door' exposure limit increase with DIscover-they denied IT CLI but approved for a nice limit on the new More app. Go figure. Best of both worlds to me, since I like Discover, no regrets, except the new acct hit on AAoA, which is no biggie really, especially in the long run.

I thought you can convert to IT with the same account number and everything. just a product change....someone correct me if im wrong....

You can and I did PC to IT from More. I then decided to app for More and was approved for a new More, so now have both.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 16
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Can one PC to the IT card even if they have the student version of the more card? If so, how does one go about doing that (call a special number?)?

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 13 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

PC to IT.  I did the same from More to IT.  Kept the same number.  My AU/kids were thrilled that they could continue to use their retro Sony cassette cards until the expiration date in 2016.  I decided to start using the IT card and shredded the More card, really makes no difference since it's the same account number.

Regarding payments, I make all my payments shortly after seeing the bill post and it usually only takes a day to see it credited to my account.  Payment withdrawal shows at my credit union the following business day; if I make a payment on a Friday, it usually doesn't pull the payment from my CU until Monday, my IT account shows the payment as posted on the day the transaction happens, but is reflected to the day of the transaction.  3 days only happens for me on the weekend with a Friday payment.  YMMV. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

PC to IT.  I did the same from More to IT.  Kept the same number.  My AU/kids were thrilled that they could continue to use their retro Sony cassette cards until the expiration date in 2016.  I decided to start using the IT card and shredded the More card, really makes no difference since it's the same account number.

Regarding payments, I make all my payments shortly after seeing the bill post and it usually only takes a day to see it credited to my account.  Payment withdrawal shows at my credit union the following business day; if I make a payment on a Friday, it usually doesn't pull the payment from my CU until Monday, my IT account shows the payment as posted on the day the transaction happens, but is reflected to the day of the transaction.  3 days only happens for me on the weekend with a Friday payment.  YMMV. Smiley Tongue

Do you also keep your promotion and other stuff ??? i have $150 cash back after spent $1000. I think i should wait until i get that money then PC it.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

Do you also keep your promotion and other stuff ??? i have $150 cash back after spent $1000. I think i should wait until i get that money then PC it.

My Rewards balance carried over from More to IT.  You could confirm this when you call in to do the PC. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.