cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approval! Third and final approval since coming out of the garden!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Approval! Third and final approval since coming out of the garden!

Congrats on the approval, now time to garden 😇
Message 11 of 17
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It Approval! Third and final approval since coming out of the garden!

Discover usually has attractive BT offers, you should consider moving some AMEX to DCVR at 0% and bring that AMEX utilization down!!  Just my 2 cents...Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 12 of 17
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Blossom, you have done magnificently well for yourself.  Congratulations!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 13 of 17
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

@JustBPatient wrote:

Discover usually has attractive BT offers, you should consider moving some AMEX to DCVR at 0% and bring that AMEX utilization down!!  Just my 2 cents...Good luck!!

Thanks! I considered a balance transfer on the AmEx, but I'd only do it if I was confident I could mke a huge dent this year. I'm not convinced that I can do that, especially since I'm committing to paying off the lower balance first (I'm a big believer in snagging the low hanging fruit...it's great for motivation). At this point, I'm leaning more toward pursuing CLIs with Discover, since AmEx hasn't been willing to move much. But, I'll keep assessing my financial situation and see how things are in a month or two!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In with Discover?! Great job!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!  Congrats!  I was also approved for both Amex and Discover cards this year.. Its a great feeling to have some higher end cards in my profile.  keep up the good work!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 17
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Final updated stats! Just received my Discover It card and disclosure info; as it turns out, Discover pulled Equifax, which surprised me. I was expecting them to pull TU. In any event, my Equifax score was 673 when approved, the cards SL was $5,500 as previously reported, and the APR is SUPER high at 23% after the initial 0% APR term expires. Just goes to show that even though that healthy SL represents a solid rebuilding, for all that my past baddies of student loan delinquencies coupled with past credit card delinquencies and a charge off are four years distant, they are still present, so my customer profile is remains risky.

Even so, that APR took me by surprise and dampened my enthusiasm a little. PNC Core approved me for a $10k SL, 12% APR after the 0% term ends, so when I was approved for Discover, I assumed the terms would be similar. Comenity's Ultamate Rewards MC starts off with 26% APR right off the bat, but I thought that was just a symptom of being a co-branded store card, so was an outlier. Live and learn.

All in all, I'm still thrilled to be approved for Discover and am happily trotting off to garden, but my primary focus for this card will be getting that APR down in 2018, while chasing down CLIs will be a secondary goal.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.