Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Approval

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone! I had been receiving the mailers from them about 2 to 3 times a month. But was afraid to app because of what I read here about them being weird about approvals. My last mailer with the long invitation number was a pretty pink one with a range for APR 16.99 to 18.99.

My scores are Fako Trans 697 Equfax 712 ( credit Karma). AAOA according to credit Karma is 5 months. My longest over a year my shortest 3 months. Credit.com EXP 698.

I have a unpaid judgment filed Novemeber 2015 ( I am in the process of a dispute because I have no clue what it is or why it suddenly appeared on my report ).

So I went online and did the app using the number from the mailer. I was sure it was gonna be a denial. But it was NOT!!! I was approved for a 3000.00 line of credit!

I am super excited to get this card!

Also for other data points I have 
Chase account Authorized user closed by husband but still reporting ( closed 5 years ago -- 12 years old )
Cap 1 secured 500 ( Oct 2015 ) PIF before statement every month
Citi 8000 as an authorized user (Nov 2015) -- currently at 28 percent UTI -- my husbands card 
Cap QS1 1000 ( Sept 2016 ) -- I only let 10 dollars report each month
Victoria Secret 1000  ( Sept 2016 ) PIF before statement every month
HSN 3000 ( Sept 2016 )  PIF before statement every month
New York Company 750 ( Sept 2016 )  PIF before statement every month

So that is my credit profile in case others are looking to app for the card. I did throw out months worth of apps before trying. So not sure if waiting helped. But I am so excited to be approved and to start using the perks! I am not sure what the APR is yet or if I did get the first year at 0 percent. I could not tell how to find that info. I will wait for it to come and to seeSmiley Happy 

Edited to add:

Discover scorecard Fico 752

3 inquires in two years 2 of them in the last 12 months. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It Approval

Absolutely want to share your thrill over this.

It's a great feeling of relief with a first acceptance like that especially with things making for doubt and hesitation.

Now aren't you glad you took the chance? We are.

Congratulations! to your new ChristmasTime Discover Card Approval. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone! I had been receiving the mailers from them about 2 to 3 times a month. But was afraid to app because of what I read here about them being weird about approvals. My last mailer with the long invitation number was a pretty pink one with a range for APR 16.99 to 18.99.

My scores are Fako Trans 697 Equfax 712 ( credit Karma). AAOA according to credit Karma is 5 months. My longest over a year my shortest 3 months. Credit.com EXP 698.

I have a unpaid judgment filed Novemeber 2015 ( I am in the process of a dispute because I have no clue what it is or why it suddenly appeared on my report ).

So I went online and did the app using the number from the mailer. I was sure it was gonna be a denial. But it was NOT!!! I was approved for a 3000.00 line of credit!

I am super excited to get this card!

Also for other data points I have 
Chase account Authorized user closed by husband but still reporting ( closed 5 years ago -- 12 years old )
Cap 1 secured 500 ( Oct 2015 ) PIF before statement every month
Citi 8000 as an authorized user (Nov 2015) -- currently at 28 percent UTI -- my husbands card 
Cap QS1 1000 ( Sept 2016 ) -- I only let 10 dollars report each month
Victoria Secret 1000  ( Sept 2016 ) PIF before statement every month
HSN 3000 ( Sept 2016 )  PIF before statement every month
New York Company 750 ( Sept 2016 )  PIF before statement every month

So that is my credit profile in case others are looking to app for the card. I did throw out months worth of apps before trying. So not sure if waiting helped. But I am so excited to be approved and to start using the perks! I am not sure what the APR is yet or if I did get the first year at 0 percent. I could not tell how to find that info. I will wait for it to come and to seeSmiley Happy 

You should be excited! Congratulations!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Credit Magic and Donny!

Yes I am very glad I did! I am still in shockSmiley Happy 

Also for another data point I wanted to add that the Discover Scorecard ( Experian fico 8 ??? ) has me at a 752 score.So it is way different than credit karma. But it also says I have 5 accouints so I do not think it counts the AU user ones. Not sure cause you can not see much detaill on it. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wtg! Love Discover!!! Great card & great company! Congrats!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!!

Happy for you.. Discover IT is one the best good looking card out there. Plus they have a phenomenal service.

If you read the forum, its actually one of the best card in terms of CLI to grow.

I can't wait for my first CLI next month..

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome approval for you - a big congrats! Just feels so great getting in with Discover! Enjoy your newest card! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and your nice SL! Discover is awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just got approved last Saturday (not with your awesome CL lol).......hopefully I will have it by this Saturday. They sent my shipping email yesterday 😁

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.