Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It and Venture (I think)

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Discover It and Venture (I think)

So seeing as how Chase approved her app for CSP and Marriott with a 22k CL on each me and my mom got to applying for a few more things.

First ill start off with Discover, submitted an app last night for the card and got the notice to send in proof of address and SSN, she was going to upload the docs today but early this morning got a call from their verifications department asking her to verify some things on her CR (mortgage lender, and who her car is leased through), after she passed those she was approved for $14.5k, and didn't need to send in docs. They only pulled EQ (Fico 691)

Next onto Venture, I sent off apps for QS and Venture back to back, when she called in to their fraud dept this morning the lady said the QS was denied and the Venture needed docs (weird I thought the Venture had higher underwriting criteria but okay) will update on how it goes with the Venture but I think its been approved/pending verification, and im curious to see what they say on the SQ denial letter. Thank you all for all the advice given.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It and Venture (I think)

Yeah that is kinda weird. If approved for Venture but not QS

Message 2 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congrats on the Disco!

Message 3 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

So my mom got the denial letter via email, and this was the only denial reason "Based on your credit report from Experian, there have been too many recent inquiries " Doesnt make any sense only 4 in the last 6 months, and 12 total, should she try and recon it?

The Venture still needs docs, so I think its been approved just needs verification, no point in asking for docs and such just to deny.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approvals! 

Message 5 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Anyone else have some advice?

Message 6 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Anyone?!?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.