Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It

Was just approved for a $1200 starting limit, for the Discover It card, immediately following a denial for what I could have sworn was the exact same card.

I applied for pre-approvals, chose the one that looked the most promising, and was denied, but notified on the same screen that I was approved for another, which I resubmitted for, and was told to call in (submitted identity proof) or wait 2 days. Nice lady on the phone told me I was approved for $1200, which blew me away. I was honestly expecting no more than $500.

This follows my most recent acquisition of the Citi Double Cash card, which netted me a $1k SL.

My scores average, currently, around 650.

Considering contacting Citi via the backdoor route, to request a CLI, since I've had it since April, and still don't see a SP option.

Opinions?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover It

Congrats on getting Disco and Citi DCSmiley Happy

As for the Dc, you may have to wait abit for cli on the Dc if they gave you only 1k. Of course everything is ymmv, but Citi is notorious for low sl and in my case, i started at $1200, took me 9 months just to get the sp language to show up and still no. I even tried hp ea5ly on and nada. 1 year mark they gave me $600 auto which reser the 6 months to try again and just recently FINALLY gave me my first sp cli request at $2200.

You csn always try but just be wary lol. Best of luck and enjoy 2 great cardsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It

Agreed.  Work hard to climb.  Be patient. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.