Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Love ya baby!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Discover Love ya baby!!!

So i was coming up on my 6 months with Discover so I gave them a call and i first went through the automated options and to see if a credit increase was on of the options and it was and so i actually hung up and called again and talked to a rep and they processed my request to go from $1,000 to $3,000. They asked me why i wanted the increase and i said " I  really like you guys and want to continue my relationship with you and I like earning cash back" then after i gave them my income he asked if it was ok to pull a credit file and i asked for a soft inquary and he said that at this time they can not soft pull me and i can either go through with a hard pull or check back at a later time with and see if a soft pull is an option. I took a few seconds and was like ok sure lets go ahead and he submitted my request and said it needed more processing and he was going to connect me to the credit deaprtment, so he placed me on hold..... then i was connected to a very nice guy who was a Senior Analyst, he asked me a few questions including again why i wanted an increase and he went over my credit file and also check my history with Discover and said that everything is good and that he is able to approve me for $3,000.

I said thank you and we talked for a bit about how i like earning cash back and i thanked them for switching me to the IT Card so i could earn more cash back and i told him how i like using the ShopDiscover too and he said "well it looks like your taking all the advantages of earning the cash back" and i said yup. and we very nicely ended the call.

So I will have another hard pull but the way i see it i am getting my hard pulls out of the way, they must have pulled EQ or something cuz i have less inquaries on there.

It is also nice to know that credit analyst for Discover work weekends. It was also nice to be transfered to a Senior Analyst without having to ask for one.

I love Discover! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks everyone on here for giving me courage and strength Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Love ya baby!!!

@linux007969 wrote:

So i was coming up on my 6 months with Discover so I gave them a call and i first went through the automated options and to see if a credit increase was on of the options and it was and so i actually hung up and called again and talked to a rep and they processed my request to go from $1,000 to $3,000. They asked me why i wanted the increase and i said " I  really like you guys and want to continue my relationship with you and I like earning cash back" then after i gave them my income he asked if it was ok to pull a credit file and i asked for a soft inquary and he said that at this time they can not soft pull me and i can either go through with a hard pull or check back at a later time with and see if a soft pull is an option. I took a few seconds and was like ok sure lets go ahead and he submitted my request and said it needed more processing and he was going to connect me to the credit deaprtment, so he placed me on hold..... then i was connected to a very nice guy who was a Senior Analyst, he asked me a few questions including again why i wanted an increase and he went over my credit file and also check my history with Discover and said that everything is good and that he is able to approve me for $3,000.

I said thank you and we talked for a bit about how i like earning cash back and i thanked them for switching me to the IT Card so i could earn more cash back and i told him how i like using the ShopDiscover too and he said "well it looks like your taking all the advantages of earning the cash back" and i said yup. and we very nicely ended the call.

So I will have another hard pull but the way i see it i am getting my hard pulls out of the way, they must have pulled EQ or something cuz i have less inquaries on there.

It is also nice to know that credit analyst for Discover work weekends. It was also nice to be transfered to a Senior Analyst without having to ask for one.

Good Job, Congrats on a nice CLI!!!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Good Job, Congrats on a nice CLI!!!

Thanks.

My total combined available credit is $11,250 now not counting my AMEX Green. It makes me wonder if i will still be able to get increases on other cards in the future as any increase on any card going forward will then be exceeding my income of $12,900?

Also with that being said will having more credit than income hurt my chances of getting a car loan within 2 or 3 years from now?

Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm not taking any HP's so I guess it's my toy limit for 2 more years Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Awesome!! Congrats!
Message 5 of 15
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 6 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

Posted this earlier but here it is again:

My total combined available credit is $11,250 now not counting my AMEX Green. It makes me wonder if i will still be able to get increases on other cards in the future as any increase on any card going forward will then be exceeding my income of $12,900?

Also with that being said will having more credit than income hurt my chances of getting a car loan within 2 or 3 years from now?

Message 8 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Won't hurt as long as when you apply for car loan balances on CC's are low

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 15
linux007969
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Won't hurt as long as when you apply for car loan balances on CC's are low

thanks. I was just wondering cuz they could see that i have more credit than income and wonder how i'm going to pay it back, but then again i'm surprised the credit card companies are giving me all these increases when i'm not making alot.  Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad

The credit card companies must either really trust me and want me to use their cards more so they can get swipe fees or they want me to use the cards to the max and dig myself into a hole so they can collect interest, or maybe even both perhaps? LOL 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.