Did you mean: 

Discover Luv button works for me now

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Luv button works for me now

@john398 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

no more "your credit increase cannot be processed at this time....yadayada message" Now it tells me to enter amount and ask me other info. About darn time Discover!

is it a HP?

Online it's a YMMV. But if you call the 1-800 Discover number on the card and do the automated one it's a SP (unless told otherwise). Discover will ALWAYS ask you for permission before doing a HP no matter what way you ask for a CLI. I just did one this morning and it was a HP and I knew it would because I did 2 SPs last week but the increase wasn't that great. 

Message 11 of 23
junojunowhat
Established Member

@azguy13 wrote:

@junojunowhat wrote:

Mine has given me the We're sorry message since I got the card over a year ago, even though I have received 2 auto CLIs. Strange, becasue I PIF every month and haven't had any baddies since I got the card. Oh well.

I have heard from numerous people that Discover loves when you carry a balance. Another user on the forum has carried a balance since she got the card a couple of years ago and has been averaging 2 Auto CLIs a year.

Well, I've gotten 2 auto CLIs this year, but I don't get the luv button.  Maybe I'll call and ask for one, too.

AmEx Hilton HHonors - $18,000 | Discover It - $6,500 | Chase Freedom - $2,000 | BoA Cash Rewards - $1,500 | PayPal Credit - $1,797
Message 12 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Discover hates me...not only the luv button is broken for me, they're still not sending me the courtesy $5 Starbucks card.  Smiley Sad

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 13 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Discover hates me...not only the luv button is broken for me, they're still not sending me the courtesy $5 Starbucks cardSmiley Sad

They called me and said they can no longer issue you any $5 Starbucks cards do to you being wired enough as it is Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 23
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Let us know what they say when you call for the SP CLI. I am a new Discover customer and would like to learn as much as possible about them. I wont be due for a CLI for another 5 months or so. I hear they really only give one after 6 months for new customers

Edit: Spelling

This was my experience as well.  I opened the card in 2/2013 with a $3,000 limit.   In August 2013 they auto-cli'd me to $5,200.   Haven't heard a word since, although I did see they did an A/R on my TU report on 3/31.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 15 of 23
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

well just an update, i called the CSR and indeed a HP was needed to proceed with any increase. My Discover is at 2500 which is on of my lowest prime card liimits. Well, i guess i have to go back to the garden cuz i proceeded with the HP (since only have 4 on TU which is who they pulled.) and CLI was approved! My limit now is 8k! Now i do like Discover!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 16 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would try calling the automated for anyone who doesn't want to do a HP -- I've been very successful with Discover giving SP CLIs at multiple times during the year.
Message 17 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

well just an update, i called the CSR and indeed a HP was needed to proceed with any increase. My Discover is at 2500 which is on of my lowest prime card liimits. Well, i guess i have to go back to the garden cuz i proceeded with the HP (since only have 4 on TU which is who they pulled.) and CLI was approved! My limit now is 8k! Now i do like Discover!!

Well, congrats on your CLI! It was worth the HP. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23
Shelly313
New Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
I would try calling the automated for anyone who doesn't want to do a HP -- I've been very successful with Discover giving SP CLIs at multiple times during the year.

thats good to know.  thank you!

What is the automated number?

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 19 of 23
Shelly313
New Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.