cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles approval - 13 months after the Discover It approval (34 months post Ch7 bk). Yaayyy!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Miles approval - 13 months after the Discover It approval (34 months post Ch7 bk). Yaayyy!!

Discover absolutely likes my husband! With what happened today, there can be no other explanation.  Here's the story.  

Hubby's Ch7 bk was d/c in 7/14.  After, if I remember correctly, three denials, he was approved in April 2016, for the It card with a starting line of $4K. As of today, his CL is $15.5K.  His last CL increase was in February, and he hasn't seen one since.  Tried at 31, 61, and today, 91 days, and all denied.  Not even the two day message.  

There's not much info on these forums about the Discover Miles card.  I've read posts from pizza1, humu, and a few others, about apping for a 2nd card and what they went through to get there. Now here's the kicker.  Within the last month, he put two BT's on his It card, totalling $8.3K (paid our Fed & State taxes with his NavyFed card, got the cash rewards, and then paid the card off). As of today, he owes Discover $5.8K. When his statement cuts on the 4th, he'll have a reported balance of around $3K. 

So, today, he took the plunge. As he crazily app'd for the Miles card, knowing full well that he couldn't possibly be approved the first time around, the unthinkable happened. An Instant Approval with a CL of $3K! Unbelievably true! 

He's done! And, on yeah, his last day of work is June 30th. He will be officially retired, spending this summer fishing, golfing, and hanging out with his favorite buddy, granddaughter Aubree! Heart

Hope this post can help someone else who's thinking about apping for a 2nd Discover card, and having a not so clean credit file. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Miles approval - 13 months after the Discover It approval (34 months post Ch7 bk). Yaay

Absolutely Fantastic WeedebSmiley Happy.

Super congrats to DH and what a way to enter retirement, may the following years be filled with joy, happiness and healthSmiley Happy

I actually wouldnt mind having a Miles card in that having 2 Discos isnt so bad, as the saying goes , " It takes 2 to Tango" Smiley Happy.

Thanks for your continued presence here in Ficoland , its truely appreciated and im sure his successes will help someone ib their questSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Miles approval - 13 months after the Discover It approval (34 months post Ch7 bk). Yaay

That's so awesome! Congrats! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, AJC! I'm very happy for the guy. He's provided well for his family, and now it's time for my sweetie to sit back and enjoy it all. As always, your special way of saying things makes me smile!  Hope your painful ear heals quickly. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Justa! It's exciting for sure! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your hubby Weedeb on the approval. I remember aping for my discover IT along the same timeframe sharing some data points along the way. My IT started at at1,200 and have got it up to $3,600 not cli since February though. I am considering the Miles as well. This approval gives me some hope 😀

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congrats to your hubby Weedeb on the approval. I remember aping for my discover IT along the same timeframe sharing some data points along the way. My IT started at at1,200 and have got it up to $3,600 not cli since February though. I am considering the Miles as well. This approval gives me some hope 😀

Thanks so much, bruised! I remember reading some of your posts. Are you the one who has a BK that was d/c 8/14? If so, you're in a similar situation. Credit scores, and NextGen scores are almost carbon copy to one another. Hubby's cards are with NavyFed, Penfed, Discover, Cap One, Citi (Costco only), and BofA (secured card only). His total CL's are $118K, util is 5%, and income is $95K. He's only carrying a balance on his Discover It card, and this month, overall util will report at around 3%. 

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Thinking you may have a pretty good shot at a Miles approval if you're interested.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.