Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Approved

tag
st4stinger4
Established Member

Discover More Approved

So this is a "feel good" post/update x2.

1) Got my 2 credit reports from myFico 2 days ago and with the help and knowledge I've gotten from this site I am happy to say that my scores on both reports is now 740!!!!

Oh happy days :-)

2) I keep getting the "pre-approval" promotional letter from Discover like every week.....so after I had gotten my credit scores...and 2 days of deep thought and pondering...I decided that I would apply and take the hard pull ding  (just to broden my credit base and increase my score, long term). So I go on-line and fill out the application, hit send ANDDDD....."we will notify you in 5-7 days"..... wait, WHAT???? I was livid! Because of my past credit problems I KNEW that means...DECLINED :-(.

After about 10 minutes of walking around my house using words I wont repeat here....I call Discover for some answers.

Briefly, with the first Rep: Ummmm, I have a credit score of 740, have low DTI, low inquires, on time payments, high income...why was I not INSTANTLY approved??

REP: I dont have access to why you werent instantly approved, wait the 5-7 days for the letter to find out whats going on....

Me: Ummm, your letter said I was "pre-approved"

Rep: Oh, let me see what I can find out, what was your invitation code.... (I give her the code)....please stand-by.

Rep comes back on the Line with a conference call that included the New Aquistion Rep: Sorry sir for the misunderstanding....... I dont know why you werent instantly approved on-line........ You should have your card by next Tuesday...and you have a $6000 credit limit that gets reviewed for increase after 6 months :-)))))

Im on cloud 9. After so long... and hard work.... The growth and gardening has paid off :-)...... Oh and Good-bye Orchard CC with your 300CL that hasnt increased the last 3 years decpite monthly calls for CLI!!!!!!!!!!

If I can do it...ANYONE can!! Keep plugging away. Its a Marathon, not a sprint.

Thanks MyFico friends for all the advice and knolwledge.

Starting Score: 2/8/10: TU 650 EQ 643 EX ~600(FACO)
Current Score: 11/24/12: TU 740 EQ: 740 EX: 683(FACO)
Goal Score: 750+ (dare I say)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover More Approved

Awesome credit line.  Congrats!

Message 2 of 10
lylesvegas
Contributor

Awesome story !!!!
Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 3 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 10
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Hoorayyyyyyy

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 10
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Great story!   Congrats!

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 7 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, that's great! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!!! It's wonderful to see one's hard work pay off. Good for you -- you deserve it. Enjoy your new card!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 10
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations simply wonderful news!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.