cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More approval NOW Discover IT pre-approval.

tag
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Discover More approval NOW Discover IT pre-approval.

I did the online chat and the rep said that we are allowed 2 Discover cards.  My question to you is, who actually has 2 discover cards?  Was your CL lower than the first card or was it matched?  Can you consolidate two different lines onto one card?

cc's copy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More approval NOW Discover IT pre-approval.

My friend has the More and wanted the It so they took some of her More limit and used it for the It card.  Now she has both and this was all last week. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
babymixer
Regular Contributor

no no no... thats the last thing i want... 

anyone else have experience with this?

cc's copy
Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

My friend has the More and wanted the It so they took some of her More limit and used it for the It card.  Now she has both and this was all last week. 

+1 Also they will not combine accounts as what they told me.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
KS13
Established Member

So I called in twice to open another Discover account (already had the More card) and the representative gave me these options:

1. Close old account and open new account

2. split current Discover card CL 

3. or if you qualify, they'll approve you for a new CL on the new account, but it will be much less than your current credit limit On the old discover card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.