Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover NHL It Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover NHL It Card Approval

Hello All,

I though since this seems to be one of the highly talked about approvals to share my info with you. I really wanted to pull the trigger on discover right around the time of my discharge because of reading how everyone loves this card. I decided no way I got a Capital One card and a few store cards and waited. My plain was to wait 3-6months of new history to build up before applying to Discover. I didn't wait. I am only 2 months post discharge and I decided to pull the trigger today. I figured why not give it a shot, worse case I waste a HP and wait a few more months. To my suprise I was approved. At first I though I was declined because it said they could approve me for the original offer but could approve me with other terms. I quickly accepted them and got my Initial CL of $1200. This is much better then my Capital One and if Discover's model is to try and earn primary business with people they are doing an excellent job. Here is my stats at time of applying

Just over 2 Months Post BK Discharge

Did not at any point ever have a Discover Card. (I was approved for the secured card about a year ago but never did it)

myFico.com Credit scores  EQ: 643, TU: 616, EX: 633 these are real scores my FAKO's are TU: 662, EQ: 657 from CK

Also all but 1 of my accounts that were IIB are already aged 1-2years old because it took me awhile to file so not sure if that changed anything.

My Capital One Reported Twice by the time I apped Discover

My VS Reported Once by the time I apped Discover

My Overstock Reported Once by the time I apped Discover

I should be showing under 5% util, not 100% sure what it is reporting at. My Cap 1 is 0/500, VS is 30/250, OV is 25/500.

Any question please ask, also when should I start hitting the Luv button with Discover I heard it can be 30,60,90 day cycles but not sure. I don't want to push my luck here I am just happy that I am part of the Discover Family.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover NHL It Card Approval

Congratulations on getting in with Discover!!!! 

I very much appreciate your post.  My scores are just a little bit below yours and Discover is one of the next cards I want to apply for.  I'm waiting until my Capital One statement cuts next month and reports to see how my scores look.  That will be my third statement and will determine if I pull the trigger or give it another month.  I am very much hoping to get in with them without a secured card.  I'm 18 months out from my BK7 discharge, but I didn't start working on my rebuild until May this year.

I can't offer any advice on when to check for a CLI, but it seems like from what I read here is that everyone is different so without checking at 30 days you wont know for sure. I'm sure someone else will chime in. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Disco approval Synicaal and Welcome to the Discover family!
Disco CLIs are always SP unless they specifically tell you otherwise so there's no harm in pressing the luv button. You can start from days 31, 61, 91 and so forth. No harm will be done except maybe a lil bruising on the ego. Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job on discovering DiscoverSmiley Happy Definitely discover disco's sp luv as they are available, youll soon Discover that Discover is a world full of DiscoverySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.