cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Train Still Rolling! $4.5k CLI (Data Points)

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Train Still Rolling! $4.5k CLI (Data Points)

@FroggieMom wrote:

Congrats Uncle B!! Excellent CL for just a short time!!  It took me getting really active on these boards to realize I should be asking for CLI not waiting for them to come to me.  I started with a $1500 CL 3 yrs ago come November and with my most recent CLI last week I'm now up to $18K, and I am running a 0% promo balance on mine too that I'm modestly working on because any of my new 5% category purchases get paid by my payment 1st.

Thanks so much FroggieMom!  Smiley Very Happy

That's some excellent progress you've made as well... $1.5k to $18k is fantastic! 

I agree that if you really want to grow your accounts, many times you will have to ask for the CLI instead of waiting for it to be given automatically. 

It sounds like you're using your Discover in much the same way that I use mine... for 0% balance transfer offers and 'category' spending.  While some categories are more useful than others to me, I'll still say they are among my favorite cards!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SisterGirl wrote:

That's awesome,UncleB....very happy for your success ! Meanwhile I stay stuck at $5250 CL, but I won't complain.

Thanks so much, SisterGirl!  Smiley Very Happy

Hang in there... I know Discover is peculiar at times, but eventually something in their 'big computer' will "click" and you'll be on the train as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 43
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

That's awesome,UncleB....very happy for your success ! Meanwhile I stay stuck at $5250 CL, but I won't complain.

Thanks so much, SisterGirl!  Smiley Very Happy

Hang in there... I know Discover is peculiar at times, but eventually something in their 'big computer' will "click" and you'll be on the train as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks, UncB !

Not worried about them at all....they continue to bombard me with balance transfer checks/emails & I keep banging their card ONLY on 5% categories/discover deals. The last time I attempted a CLI, they told me that I had "other sufficient credit lines" (I'll just assume their way of saying no more soup for me). Meanwhile BOA is begging me to take another card with them (LOL).

Oh well....we shall see ! Smiley Tongue

SisterGirl
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.