Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover & GE CLI

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Discover & GE CLI

i have banana republic visa card for 5 months and decided to call GE capital underwriter, the process was smooooooth....requested CLI from 3500 to 7000...approved right away without asking for the reason....average montly usage about $800

Feeling lucky and decided to call the number back on the Discover card for CLI. I asked from 5500 to 8000....and have to explain why i needed for CLI....all the provided information went thru automatic system, they increased my new credit line to 6000 ($500 increased). She said they will check my account periodly for auto increase....i have the card for 6 months and average montly usage about $1000

Have my barclay reward card for 6 months with CL $1000...afraid to call for CLI because it will be a HP? well probably just wait for auto increase...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Discover & GE CLI

grats on the CLI!

As for Barclays, they review accounts every 6 months. If you had opened other new accounts around the same time you got the card from them, it's best not to call them and lay low for now.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

i have banana republic visa card for 5 months and decided to call GE capital underwriter, the process was smooooooth....requested CLI from 3500 to 7000...approved right away without asking for the reason....average montly usage about $800

Feeling lucky and decided to call the number back on the Discover card for CLI. I asked from 5500 to 8000....and have to explain why i needed for CLI....all the provided information went thru automatic system, they increased my new credit line to 6000 ($500 increased). She said they will check my account periodly for auto increase....i have the card for 6 months and average montly usage about $1000

Have my barclay reward card for 6 months with CL $1000...afraid to call for CLI because it will be a HP? well probably just wait for auto increase...

Congrats on your CLI 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the bumps!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Yay!...grats on the increases!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.