Regular Contributor

Discover & GE CLI

i have banana republic visa card for 5 months and decided to call GE capital underwriter, the process was smooooooth....requested CLI from 3500 to 7000...approved right away without asking for the reason....average montly usage about $800

Feeling lucky and decided to call the number back on the Discover card for CLI. I asked from 5500 to 8000....and have to explain why i needed for CLI....all the provided information went thru automatic system, they increased my new credit line to 6000 ($500 increased). She said they will check my account periodly for auto increase....i have the card for 6 months and average montly usage about $1000

Have my barclay reward card for 6 months with CL $1000...afraid to call for CLI because it will be a HP? well probably just wait for auto increase...

Super Contributor

Re: Discover & GE CLI

grats on the CLI!

As for Barclays, they review accounts every 6 months. If you had opened other new accounts around the same time you got the card from them, it's best not to call them and lay low for now.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

vAirGo7 wrote:

i have banana republic visa card for 5 months and decided to call GE capital underwriter, the process was smooooooth....requested CLI from 3500 to 7000...approved right away without asking for the reason....average montly usage about $800

Feeling lucky and decided to call the number back on the Discover card for CLI. I asked from 5500 to 8000....and have to explain why i needed for CLI....all the provided information went thru automatic system, they increased my new credit line to 6000 ($500 increased). She said they will check my account periodly for auto increase....i have the card for 6 months and average montly usage about $1000

Have my barclay reward card for 6 months with CL $1000...afraid to call for CLI because it will be a HP? well probably just wait for auto increase...

Congrats on your CLI 

+ Chase ink =

Valued Contributor

Congrats on the bumps!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 752 EQ 749 EX 757 Last Update 3/2015
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)

Valued Contributor

vAirGo7 wrote:

vAirGo7 wrote:

Yay!...grats on the increases!!!

Cards: (Chase x8) (Citi x6) (Amex x6) (BofA x3) (US Bank x3) (Barclays x4) (WF x2) (Cap1 x4) (Synch x4) (Penfed x2) (Macys Amex, Discover, USAA, Fidelity, NASA x1), PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k), Personal Loan: USAA (25K), Auto Loans: Ally, Audi Financial.
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.