Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approved! EX and EQ 617-620 nonbk report

tag
shevar
Established Member

Discover approved! EX and EQ 617-620 nonbk report

I just wanted to let everyone know after 3 tries I was approved. I started rebuilding in November with one secured cc with my cu. my husband and I piggy backed off each other credit to achieve goals. He was a bk 7 years out with no credit. And I was bad payment history 4 years out with no recent open TL except home loan that was transferred 11 months with good history. My old history on home loan was awful the last 3 years prior to transfer. My goal was to make sure it stayed good with current servicer. Here's my data:

I opened a secured with sL of $1500 Nov added husband. Cleaned old bad and left good stuff on husband. He really was left with good student loan history of 12 years and a couple of old paid cc. His EQ was 626, apped and approved for discover- he added me as AU with a starting limit of $2200. Jan 2017 we both apped separately for Cap 1 Plat. He was approved for 3k and I was approved for 2k sL my score stayed around 600. Kept balance under 30% then started the under 10% in March. I did try discover on my own in December and January and was declined. Boom Wednesday I apped and approved. They pulled ex and eq. My score currently on both are 616 which could have dropped due to inq. Oh by the way. I couldn't wait and pulled trigger on cli for his Discover a week before I apped for my Discover-- gave him an $1100 increase. His transunion is now 765 his eq is 693.

I have:

5 charge offs on EX
6 chargeoff a on EQ
LATES 11 months ago 8 student loans (both)
They were all transferred and combined
7% usage of 10K

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover approved! EX and EQ 617-620 nonbk report

Hi shevar welcome to myfico! Keep up the nice work on your credit rebuild journey! Super congratulations on your Discover approval!!! What is your Discover starting limit? 😊

Message 2 of 5
shevar
Established Member

Thanks @gijane007. It's $1600
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. The pain and struggle from charge-offs is the lesson to be learned. Your starting limit is 10% of what a bankruptcy starting limit is. They say bankruptcies last 10 years but we see people get new credit cards with huge limits after a year or less…
But keep pushing on! The wait for them to fall off can only make you stronger!
Message 4 of 5
shevar
Established Member

@fordguy89. So true thanks for the insight. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.