Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto CLI & Love Button CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover auto CLI & Love Button CLI

I have read some pretty funky things about Discover on these forums, so I thought I might inform some of the newbie discover card holders of my recent success.

I hit the discover love button frequently, and am always told no. However, I did receive a $500 auto CLI after my third statement cut. My six statement recently cut, and about a week later I hit the love button (as I realized an auto increase was not coming). They offered me a soft pull $1,100.00 increase.

Fico 08 stats at the time:

Experian  671

Equifax 660

Transunion 661

I think discover uses transunion for their soft pulls, but I'm not 100% certain. For the first 5 months I usually spent 80% of the limit and paid in full. My sixth statement had a utilizaton of 24%. My starting limit in February was $1,600.00. I'm at $3,200.00 now. Starting rebuilding in February, was initially approved with a score of around 620.

Wondering when I might be eligible for my next CLI. I hear they are conservative, so I'm not being too optomistic! But so far, so good!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover auto CLI & Love Button CLI

Congrats to you on your nice increase!  I'd say at this point, try hitting the luv button 31 days from your last increase.  It's a sp, so there's harm.  If you read in these forums that peeps are getting them in shorter intervals, then try it sooner.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read some pretty funky things about Discover on these forums, so I thought I might inform some of the newbie discover card holders of my recent success.

I hit the discover love button frequently, and am always told no. However, I did receive a $500 auto CLI after my third statement cut. My six statement recently cut, and about a week later I hit the love button (as I realized an auto increase was not coming). They offered me a soft pull $1,100.00 increase.

Fico 08 stats at the time:

Experian  671

Equifax 660

Transunion 661

I think discover uses transunion for their soft pulls, but I'm not 100% certain. For the first 5 months I usually spent 80% of the limit and paid in full. My sixth statement had a utilizaton of 24%. My starting limit in February was $1,600.00. I'm at $3,200.00 now. Starting rebuilding in February, was initially approved with a score of around 620.

Wondering when I might be eligible for my next CLI. I hear they are conservative, so I'm not being too optomistic! But so far, so good!

I don't think anyone would say in general that Discover is conservative on CLI's compared to most other banks.  For example, my latest CLI came in today, and in ten statements, I've gone from $1,400 SL to $6,900 now.  There are many more extreme stories on this forum as well.  After three statements, I've tried a CLI every 31 days every month.  I haven't gotten one every month, but I would say I've gotten one about every other month on average varying from $500 to $1,500.  I had an old collection come back to haunt my newly clean report which held my CLI's back for about 3 months.  Since I got an EE on it from TU, it looks like I'm back to get some luv from Discover.  They are all soft pulls, so no harm in trying every 31 days.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info! I thought that my frequent CLI may have come to an end but now I see there is hope! I will definitely try every 31 days Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats on your success!
Message 6 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.