Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover iT CLI!

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Discover iT CLI!

Finally got my CLI after having my It card for 4 years now. I've had my initial CL at $18,000. They had given me $300 within those 4 years and they've always denied any increase I tried to do on the website.

But today, I submitted a request and they gave me a CLI of $2000! Finally, my first $20k+ card! Yes!

That makes over $80k of credit available to me for that I'll never use!

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover iT CLI!

@Razeus wrote:

Finally got my CLI after having my It card for 4 years now. I've had my initial CL at $18,000. They had given me $300 within those 4 years and they've always denied any increase I tried to do on the website.

But today, I submitted a request and they gave me a CLI of $2000! Finally, my first $20k+ card! Yes!

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Man LOLMan LOL

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 3 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 4 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Razeus wrote:

congrats! still waiting on mine Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, did your credit profile somehow get worse and/or your scores drop in those 4 years or something?  It's odd to me that Discover only gave you a $300 CLI in 4 years; typically Discover is really good about CLIs so I find that surprising especially if you were requesting them on occasion.  The only reason I could see that happening is if the profile that yielded you the $18k limit somehow got worse?  Thanks for the info and congrats on crossing the $20k mark!

Message 8 of 12
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

No. It's been steadily rising since 2012. It's currently at 731,so I'm not sure what Discover problem was. I received CLI's on AMEX cards without ever doing anything. My utlitization is usually 0% and I haven't been late on any payments in years. 

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 9 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.