Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Card Approval

BTW...for anyone wanting a Discover It card...one thing: CHECK YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT AND USE THE LINK THAT WILL GIVE YOU A $75 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR A NEW DISCOVER IT ACCOUNT!!!!  I hate to scream, but I'm kicking myself for not doing this.  Hopefully someone else can benefit.  Has anyone else missed this link and managed to get Amazon and/or Discover to still give them the deal?

Message 31 of 40
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Hmm, I got this card in January. When is the cutoff for new customers.
Message 32 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My 61 days is coming up on 03/03 on my Discover. 

Disco doesn't do the 61 day thing like AMEX.

First 90 days it will reject you if you hit the button unless... you see an auto CLI show up on your account.  

It doesn't hurt to hit the button but, it's usually not productive.  There's no timers or anything like AMEX.  If yyou go into my threads on Disco it explains alot of this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/4705523

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Message 33 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is Discover Deals?  Sounds tempting!!

https://card.discover.com/cardmembersvcs/deals/app/home#/home

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Austinguy.  Hopefully I'll see something happen by 90 days then.  I'm not that disappointed my SL was great and very happy with it   I can wait.   I'll keep an eye out for the any auto iincreases.     Thanks again for the great links too. Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You're welcome!  If you don't see anything then just hit the button @ 90 and see what happens.  You're right though you did get a nice starting limit compared to most.  

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the statement credit, you have to click on the link through Amazon's website to get to the Discover It app THAT way, and it's only for new customers.

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wired765 Question Re: Discover Deals

Hi Wired.

Discover Deals is the online shopping portal through Discover. You sign in to your Discover account.. They have plenty of stores to choose from. Some with sizeable discounts. For instance 5%  off Walmart.com, Target.com, etc. The cashback bonus does not include the regular discount that you get with the card. And the great thing is that Discover doubles the cashback the first year.

As an example, I bought an ipad through Walmart.in November.  I have received 6% back so far and they will double that at the end of the year for another 6% off.  That will be a total of 12%. And then I used price protection to lower it during Black Friday even more. So, I saved close to $200 on my ipad. 

Another example, I bought a purse and wallet in December. The store's portal was 10% off online. The purse and wallet were half price already and I am  in essence getting 22% off the purse in the end. I've already ready received 11% and will receive another 11% at the end of the year. 

I always check there if I am ordering online, as well as the online party through Navy Federal.

Happy Shopping.

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Question Re: Discover Deals

Hi Wired.

Discover Deals is the online shopping portal through Discover. You sign in to your Discover account.. They have plenty of stores to choose from. Some with sizeable discounts. For instance 5%  off Walmart.com, Target.com, etc. The cashback bonus does not include the regular discount that you get with the card. And the great thing is that Discover doubles the cashback the first year.

As an example, I bought an ipad through Walmart.in November.  I have received 6% back so far and they will double that at the end of the year for another 6% off.  That will be a total of 12%. And then I used price protection to lower it during Black Friday even more. So, I saved close to $200 on my ipad. 

Another example, I bought a purse and wallet in December. The store's portal was 10% off online. The purse and wallet were half price already and I am  in essence getting 22% off the purse in the end. I've already ready received 11% and will receive another 11% at the end of the year. 

I always check there if I am ordering online, as well as the online party through Navy Federal.

Happy Shopping.

@Anonymous, @Anonymous!!  That's amazing information, especially since I'm still so salty over missing the $75 Amazon purchase statement credit.  :-D  I knew Discover was a great card to have (for the first year cashback match, if nothing else), but apparently I don't know the half of it!!  :-)

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.